• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Steyn gone for 0 after a 36 run partnership.

Cant help but think Pak have gifted AB runs by not pressuring him at all. He is still a young inexperienced player.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
Butt out of match with gastroenteritis, Akmal opening innings with Hafeez.Would be interesting to see how they bat, both are know for being failures.Akmal is probably the worst keeper in the world, and his batting has also been poor lately.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hafeez isn't a failure. I get sick of these fans that label players as failures after one poor series. Seems to happen an awful lot with Pakistani fans.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
How good a bowler is Abdur Rehman ?
Can only say from what Ive watched of this morings play, but he looked useful from that brief viewing.

Got some turn, but more importantly he looked to use the crease to vary the angle

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Can only say from what Ive watched of this morings play, but he looked useful from that brief viewing.

Got some turn, but more importantly he looked to use the crease to vary the angle
hmmm. I really feel bad that there hasn't bben a really good leftarm orthodox spinner for so long. Theyare such a treat to watch.

Perm

Pakistan put on a good opening partnership, but Akmal falls to Harris on 42. Shame that Salman Butt is sick, would've loved to see him score.

Perm

Harris grabs another one, ripper of a catch from Kallis to dismiss Hafeez.

Perm

Younis Khan gone now, Pakistan looking shaky and they are effectively 4 down with Butt not able to play.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan could do with a fellow called Inzemaam ul Haq and another called Mohammad Yousuf.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I honestly dont understand how Ntini, the way he has been bowling of late, can be prefered over Pollock.

Beleg

International Regular
and this, mi amigos, is what happens when you play a test with two and three-quarters batsmen.

pup11

International Coach
Ntini requires pitches with good bounce and carry to be effective and sub-continetal conditions have never suited his style of bowling, he doesn't have too many variations in his bowling to adapt on pitches in the sub-continent tracks so i also can't understand why he is playing ahead of Pollock.