• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhtar and Asif in the news again

pup11

International Coach
I don't see PCB being anymore patient with Akthar, he has already embarrassed them quite a lot and i don't see them forgiving him this time around.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Its about time the PCB got some balls and just dropped him for good. No player should be bigger than the team, no matter how good he is. Unfortunately PCB don't seem to concur with that sentiment. And until they do there will never be a truly great 'team' when it comes to Pakistan. Just a group of great individuals who will always find ways to under perform. :@

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, even Shoaib and Afridi can't last forever, and once they're finally gone, whenever that may be (I don't expect anyone connected with the PCB to drop them for good), hopefully there'll be more Shoaib Maliks and Salman Butts.

Even before Akhtar and Afridi Pakistan teams were of times factionalised, but never surely (Fusion and MU could probably answer best) as badly as they have been when those 2 have been involved.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
TBH, even Shoaib and Afridi can't last forever, and once they're finally gone, whenever that may be (I don't expect anyone connected with the PCB to drop them for good), hopefully there'll be more Shoaib Maliks and Salman Butts.

Hear hear.

pup11

International Coach
It all happened because of a joke, Akthar told Afridi that now he is the senior most player in the team so his stature in the team is similar to one of Imran khan. Afridi laughed at this and Asif also laughed hearing this and that pissed Akthar off and he attacked Asif with the bat, now i have come to a conclusion that Akthar is mentally sick.:dry:

Matt79

Global Moderator
To quote myself from the Twenty20 forum:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just when you think Shoaib can't find new depths of dumbness and disgracefulness, the guy comes up with a peach like this. This is the dude who the other day was saying "When I do something I get in trouble. When others do it, nothing happens."

pup11

International Coach
In an interview to an Indian news channel Akthar has apologised to his fans and rest of the cricket world, he said he had already apologised to Asif and he said "that i am only a human being and i am bound to make mistakes and i made a mistake in the heat of the moment".
I also heard him say that he has been handed with a 5 Odi match ban, so PCB has again let him off the hook.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Unpunishable - or how I learned to stop worrying and love being a tosser

The new bestseller co-written by Shoaib Akhtar and Pete Doherty.

pup11

International Coach
New twist to this controversy, i just saw Akthar's brother talking to a news channel and he said Afridi is the one responsible for the spat between Akthar and Asif.
He said Afridi manipulated things between Akthar and Asif and he always manipulates things in the team and he does such things just to become the captain of the side.:blink:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
New twist to this controversy, i just saw Akthar's brother talking to a news channel and he said Afridi is the one responsible for the spat between Akthar and Asif.
He said Afridi manipulated things between Akthar and Asif and he always manipulates things in the team and he does such things just to become the captain of the side.:blink:
There we go again

Xuhaib

International Coach
Is Shoaib mentally ******, I mean if Afridi cracked the joke then why attack Asif for it.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Since Asif was physically assualted so can he press crimnal charges against Shoaib and I hope he does.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, we all know this. Afridi has long had an overly inflated opinion of his position in the side.

pup11

International Coach
What makes Afridi feel that he can ever be the captain of Pakistan cricket team, and does he think he can achieve his goal playing such dirty manipulative games.

Xuhaib

International Coach
What makes Afridi feel that he can ever be the captain of Pakistan cricket team, and does he think he can achieve his goal playing such dirty manipulative games.
Do you seriously believe he has this ability?