• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe's central contracts released

Zimdan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Contracted players and classifications:

A+ - Prosper Utseya (Captain)

A - Tatenda Taibu
Gary Brent
Vusimuzi Sibanda

B - Edward Rainsford
Hamilton Masakadza
Terry Duffin
Stuart Matsikenyeri
Sean Williams
Tawanda Mupawira
Elton Chigumbura
Chris Mpofu

C - Brendan Taylor
Justice Chibhabha
Keith Dabengwa
Tinotenda Mawoyo
Graeme Cremer
Timycen Maruma

Also it is well known that Brendan Taylor does not rely on a cricket income, so this may be why he is in the C category.

Elton Chigumbura is said to be very unhappy with his placement in the B category, however it has been stated that his status will be looked at.

Only 4 months ago he represented Zimbabwe in the Afro-Asia series in India, playing as the African All rounder.

Chubb

International Regular
Hell if I was Elton I'd be more than a little pissed off. He's been one of the ever-presents for a long time now and justifies his inclusion more than Brent has, really.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wow that's interesting I know other countries have a sliding money value but this just looks worse. BTW to be honest the grading should start at about a C rather then an A+ :)

BTW what is Brendon Taylor's other income? I don't think he should be given a lower rating just because he's got money from somewhere else..

Anyone know what sort of money the guys would be on also? If you could work it out in AUD Pound or Euro that would be great.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Contracted players and classifications:

Elton Chigumbura is said to be very unhappy with his placement in the B category, however it has been stated that his status will be looked at.

Only 4 months ago he represented Zimbabwe in the Afro-Asia series in India, playing as the African All rounder.
Im not saying Chigumbura cant be unhappy with his contract. TBH, I have no idea. But using the Afro-Asia series and his inclusion as a reason for a better contract has no merit.

Selection for that series in no way indicated a certain level of talent or ability. It was a rag tag bunch of players with no pretention of representing the best of the talent available in Africa.

Langeveldt

Soutie
BTW what is Brendon Taylor's other income? I don't think he should be given a lower rating just because he's got money from somewhere else..
I think he's from a very privelidged family in Zim.. Could be wrong, but thats the rumour slipping around university.. It's possible not to be short of dosh if you are a yes man in Mugabe's Zimbabwe

stumpski

International Captain
Taylor's parents were at the T20 World Cup weren't they? They were shown several times on Sky at both Zimbabwe's games. That alone suggests they're not exactly hard up - not many Zimbabwe residents would be able to stretch to South African hotel prices ... I think most of their support in those games came from exiles.

thierry henry

International Coach
btw, a general question...why is that it seems all Zimbabwe and Bangladesh players have very poor domestic records? Obviously, it's statistically impossible that all players in a competition can have bad stats, one persons failure is anothers success etc. Yet almost every time I look at a Zimbabwe or Bangladesh profile on cricinfo, their domestic stats are dire. How is that possible?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
btw, a general question...why is that it seems all Zimbabwe and Bangladesh players have very poor domestic records? Obviously, it's statistically impossible that all players in a competition can have bad stats, one persons failure is anothers success etc. Yet almost every time I look at a Zimbabwe or Bangladesh profile on cricinfo, their domestic stats are dire. How is that possible?
I know for a fact that Bangladeshi batsman struggle, meaning their averages are lower, and as a result, so are the bowlers.

thierry henry

International Coach
I know for a fact that Bangladeshi batsman struggle, meaning their averages are lower, and as a result, so are the bowlers.
Bad pitches???

tbh I've never noticed Bangladeshi bowlers having good domestic records but I guess they might