• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stupid Photo

Anna

International Vice-Captain
I've got a really funny photo of Andy Caddick and Richard Dawson somewhere, just trying to find it................

Langeveldt

Soutie
Just a thought, but I reckon Caddick would gain an extra yard of pace without those huge wingnuts. They must drag him down a bit!

Anna

Yeah! He should try taping them to his head and he might just loose some of his wind resistance:lol:

Anna

Caddick hasn't been sensored!! A lack in the staff's concentration perhaps? Or maybe they got bored with it...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Anna said:
Caddick hasn't been sensored!! A lack in the staff's concentration perhaps? Or maybe they got bored with it...
I asked James to do something about it in the problems section...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Anna said:
Here it is! It had me tittering for ages:lol:
Yeah I saw that on the highlights. Thought it was Vaughan under the helmet though...but Dawson it is!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Anna said:
Just found another pretty daft picture. I got it ages ago, but it's still funny:D
Hehehehe, that is silly. But he just hit 85 so he's back ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
why isnt Knight or Hick playing test matches? Dont tell me Key is better.........
Knight isn't playing as he's failed nearly every time he's played. Hick failed nearly all the time too. England just decided that it was time they were dropped, I mean Raprakash came up with that superb ton against Australia but did nothing again and was appauling in NZ. If they haven't succeded regularly by 20 Tests then drop them, hopefully the mistake won't take that long though :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think its safe to say that Hick is a huge enigma, but at least he was brilliant occasionaly. I dont see Key ever showing brilliance.
Maybe he will prove me wrong though.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
I think its safe to say that Hick is a huge enigma, but at least he was brilliant occasionaly. I dont see Key ever showing brilliance.
Maybe he will prove me wrong though.
Nah neither can I, he could be a solid player though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
Hick failed nearly all the time too.
He only is perceived to have failed because of his career in FC Cricket - looking at his stats compared with the likes of Crawley and Butcher of the current side, and I know who I'd rather have seen in an England shirt.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
He only is perceived to have failed because of his career in FC Cricket - looking at his stats compared with the likes of Crawley and Butcher of the current side, and I know who I'd rather have seen in an England shirt.
Which ever way you look at it, averaging 31 in Tests is not good, and that average was still dropping. Butchers, however, seems to keep rising along with Crawley's.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Rik said:
Which ever way you look at it, averaging 31 in Tests is not good, and that average was still dropping. Butchers, however, seems to keep rising along with Crawley's.
Yeah he was dire after his 100 against Zimbabwe in 2000 - only one 50 in 10 tests. He should have been in the ODI side all along though, seeing as he has nearly 4000 runs at 37 and a SR of 74. It's even worse when you consider the fact that we've been crying out for a number 3 since. Here is Hick's record at 3:

58 58 9 2182 126* 109 108 44.53 5 16

2000+ runs at 44, 5 hundreds....

ALso he has made runs against everyone. His worst record is against South Africa (average 31, 5x50s in 20 ODIs).

What are the selectors playing at? Maybe Duncan Fletcher was angry because he turned his back on Zimbabwe or something?!?! Either way it looks like after a poor tour of Pakistan and Sri Lanka 2 years ago he was given the boot for good. Personally I'd pick him over Owais Shah for the next 10 years...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree about the ODI side...although he was pretty dire along with the whole ODI Team in Sri Lanka, the tour in which he played his last ODI...