• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should International Batsmen Walk?

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
Should they walk or should they let the umpires decide? Obviously I play at a lower level of cricket, but I always walk that's the way it has always been if I am out then I walk.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If they want to: yes.
If they don't: no.

I don't hold it against them either way.

Last edited:

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
I know when I played lower league club cricket I was always told to walk but that may have been down to member of my team umpired for our innings.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Umpires decision imo, on the basis that....you could be given out by an umpire for 3 innings in a row incorrectly...but then feather one through to the keeper but the umpire misses it....

these decisions balance themselves out over time, obey the umpire says i.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No-one should ever preach otherwise.

However, there's no reason at all not to walk if you nick one if you feel that is right. And I do, personally. So did many in bygone days. Sadly, less at the current time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I never said everyone walked did I? :p UIMM it's always been tradition in Australia to try and get away with everything you can, and only a relatively small number have broken that mould.

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
If I play with proper umpires then I won't walk, but I just think it's not nice to put you team mates under uneccessary pressure when they are umpiring.

pup11

International Coach
I think its a personal preference and decision whether an individual wants to walk or not, in international cricket somedays some decision go your way somedays they go against you so its a part and parcel of the game, there is an umpire to make the decisions and whatever decision he makes should be accepted by the players.