• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should International Batsmen Walk?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
have seen him stay in a couple of times when he nicked them, tbh... not sure when, but I seem to remember that. Also, didn't he claim Sachin caught when he had clearly put the ball on the ground? I guess by cheating he meant, not doing other stuff. Not walking is not cheating in my opinion, as long as you don't complain about bad decisions.
I can't believe that, and I certainly can't believe he ever claimed a catch he knew hadn't carried.

Anyways, I've always believed not walking is cheating, simple as, by not walking you're trying to get away with something which in the laws is out.

Obviously, the worst thing (and it's something most people do at the current time) is not walking and complaining about bad decisions. Sooner we get an Umpiring system which means batsmen have roughly 0 chance of getting away with anything and walk simply to speed the game up the better.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I can't believe that, and I certainly can't believe he ever claimed a catch he knew hadn't carried.

Anyways, I've always believed not walking is cheating, simple as, by not walking you're trying to get away with something which in the laws is out.

Obviously, the worst thing (and it's something most people do at the current time) is not walking and complaining about bad decisions. Sooner we get an Umpiring system which means batsmen have roughly 0 chance of getting away with anything and walk simply to speed the game up the better.
first final (it was rained off) of the STandard Bank triseries in 97... check it out on youtube or something.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I doubt it'll be on there TBH, not much SA-recorded stuff is. Will have a scout around some old match-reports.