• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 25 cricketers of Shane Warne's Career - as decided by CW

biased indian

International Coach
So its about players who have played with Warne hmmm....I will pick my top 25.

McGrath
Warne
Lara
S.Waugh
Murali
Wasim
Ponting
Waqar
KP
Sachin
Saeed
Dravid
Donald
A.Flower
Sangakarra
A.Flintoff
Yousuf
Shoaib
Kallis
Arvinda
Gilly
Bevan
Asif
Bond
I.Bishop
No inzy ???????

who is that Asif ?????

The_Bunny

State Regular
I find it unbelivable thay Sangakkara/Gilchrist are not finding their way into peoples lists :blink:
Both contenders for an alltime eleven and they cant make a top 10 for the last 20 years:dry:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah 15 or 20 sounds way better, with just top 10 the choices are becoming too limited and we will not end up with more then 15-17 players.
We have 21 so far from 12 nominations. Lets see how far we go when all nominations are in. If we sre still short we can call for five more or so.

Xuhaib

International Coach
We have 21 so far from 12 nominations. Lets see how far we go when all nominations are in. If we sre still short we can call for five more or so.
Yes but from looking at the lists it seems 7-8 guys are same and then for the rest there is a case of personal preference for 2-3 guys.

The flaw I am trying to point out is that a guy like Gilly would be in most people top 15 or 20 more then say someone like Alec Steward but by limiting the list to just 10 players there is a chance that Gilly may end up being placed lower then Steward.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure we said anywhere it had to be from his list, just from his career span.
I understand that But maybe, just maybe Matt may want to include someone else whom he hasnt seen but still rates higher.

It would be good to ask him and be sure.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
1. McGrath
2. Lara
3. Warne
4. Steve Waugh
5. Murali
6. Ambrose
7. Ponting
8. Dravid
9. Tendulkar
10. Gilchrist

Tough on Donald and a couple of others. Just couldn't squeeze them in.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The leaderboard at this stage

Lara
McGrath
Murali

lead the pack in that order.

Kumble, Inzy and Hayden with just one mention each and that too at number ten bring up the rear.

Total 22 players ranked in 14 rankings so far.

Murali and McGrath have four top spots (out of 14 possible) and yet they are behind the popular favourite Lara with just two perfect scores.

Tendulkar is the only other with two top spots.

The only current (recent) cricketer to be in the Top Five Cricketers of the Century has just one top spot.

Very interesting indeed.

Julian87

State Captain
1 Shane Warne
2 Sachin Tendulkar
3 Brian Lara
4 Glenn McGrath
5 Steve Waugh
6 Ricky Ponting
7 Wasim Akram
8 Curtley Ambrose
9 Adam Gilchrist
10 Matt Hayden

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Shane Warne
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Brian Lara
4. Glenn McGrath
5. Mutthiah Muralitharan
6. Wasim Akram
7. Curtley Ambrose
8. Ricky Ponting
9. Adam Gilchrist
10.Allan Donald

Not too different from everyone else's really - S Waugh and Dravid both desperately unlucky. I've only judged the players on their careers between 1991-2007 rather than anything that went before, hence no Border or Kapil.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
1. Murali
2. Tendulkar
3. Lara
4. Warne
5. Wasim
6. Ambrose
7. McGrath
8. Dravid
9. Ponting
10. Donald