• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick An All Time XI Comp.

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Imran has never had it so good.

He is one of the finest fast bowlers the world has seen but here the people will have you believe that :-

• He is the greatest fast bowler or as close tobeing one as not to matter.
  • He is the greatest all rounder ever......and now
  • He is one of the greatest (soon to be THE GREATEST) captains of all time.

Lets just accept all of the three 'facts' given above and start debating on whether or not Imran was the greatest fielder of all times. :dry:
Imran Khan is one of the finest outfielders I've ever seen(...)
hahahaha

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
My wife swears that Ganguly is the finest international outfielder she has ever seen. And I swear that she is telling the truth.

She wont change her mind till she has seen her second international cricketer.

:dry:

My wife swears that Ganguly is the finest international outfielder she has ever seen. And I swear that she is telling the truth.

She wont change her mind till she has seen her second international cricketer.

:dry:
So,Imran Khan was worst outfielder than Kaneria and Panesar.?8-) 8-) 8-)
I'm not saying Imran Khan was anything special as a fielder but he wasn't as bad as some people here try to suggest.

bagapath

International Captain
dont know if i am joining this thread too late. read the first few posts. if the team is not announced yet.. here is my take..

hobbs - era 2
hutton - era 3
bradman (c)
hammond - era 2
viv richards - era 4
sobers - era 3
gilchrist (wk) - era 5
warne - era 5
lillee - era 4
barnes - era 1
loahmann - era 1

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
dont know if i am joining this thread too late. read the first few posts. if the team is not announced yet.. here is my take..

hobbs - era 2
hutton - era 3
bradman (c)
hammond - era 2
viv richards - era 4
sobers - era 3
gilchrist (wk) - era 5
warne - era 5
lillee - era 4
barnes - era 1
loahmann - era 1
Very good though late.

bagapath

International Captain
oh ok. just saw the team. not really sure if i wanted to see trumper in the middle order. and akram over mcgrath and ambrose is not convincing. but i can see the point anyway. nice thread.

hobbs - era 2
hutton - era 3
bradman (c)
hammond - era 2
viv richards - era 4
sobers - era 3
gilchrist (wk) - era 5
warne - era 5
lillee - era 4
barnes - era 1
loahmann - era 1
The team has already been annouced a few days ago.

The Team:

Jack Hobbs
Len Hutton
Don Bradman (c)
Viv Richards
Victor Trumper
Garry Sobers
Adam Gilchrist WK
Imran Khan
Wasim Akram
SF Barnes
Bill O'Reilly

archie mac

International Coach

hobbs - era 2
hutton - era 3
bradman (c)
hammond - era 2
viv richards - era 4
sobers - era 3
gilchrist (wk) - era 5
warne - era 5
lillee - era 4
barnes - era 1
loahmann - era 1
Good team that, nice to see George in the side:)

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member

hobbs - era 2
hutton - era 3
bradman (c)
hammond - era 2
viv richards - era 4
sobers - era 3
gilchrist (wk) - era 5
warne - era 5
lillee - era 4
barnes - era 1
loahmann - era 1
Hutton isn't really from the 3rd era.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
He scored more than 5000 of his 6000 odd runs after the war so he is clearly from the post war era which is era 3.
Yikes, I was checking up on his stats and for some reason I had him retiring at 1945 - which would mean he hadn't even played in the 3rd Era. Must have been someone else'st page, weird.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I hate unneccessarily topped threads, TBH, especially when there are 4 or 5 series (with *Official* threads) going-on at the time.

And yeah - a lifetime ambition is to see a CC with zero topped threads. :wistful: (if only there was a smiley of that type)