• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Cricket Bat Names & Descriptions.

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
While looking through the forums today I came across a thread on some new Woodworm bats and people seemed to think the names were a bit poor. So what do you think are the worst named cricket bats? Though I am a fan of Kookaburra bats, sometimes the names seem a bit "imaginary" or a poor attempt at sounding epic.

Kahuna Carnage?
Genesis Whirlwind?
Kahuna Doom?

These names seem a bit childish, and I much prefer the names of the GM bats, and even the Newbery bats.

And how is this for a description for a bat.

"When all those around you fail. When hope is lost and destiny falls to you. Your batting ignites the score. The bowler’s smirk collapses. The day is yours. You sparked the change. You Are - The Catalyst."

I'm sorry, but what the hell is that? Thats a fairy tale not a bat description.

What do you think are the worst names? :ph34r:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Haha yeah, that Catalyst thing is dire. All Kookaburra names are way OTT tbh, all sound like Star Wars weapons or something.

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
^ Haha yer too right, fair enough use that description to attract youngsters but that description isn't really going to capture the imagination of a 20 year old.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
'The Beast' series would have to be the most chilish and inso,ent name that I've heard.

In general, most cricket companies pull off some stupid names, bar the ones that use numbers - GM (though they have a sensible name accompanying the product.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hunts released the "Tsunami" range. A couple of months later, along came a certain natural disaster on a certain Boxing Day...

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Haha FATSMAKKA, what does that mean in Africaans? If that is the language in which it's written I presume.

Chubb

International Regular
I saw a bat the other day called a "Fatso"- company name escapes me but it was a strange one, like 3£ or something... the edges were an inch and a half thick, the middle about five inches. I could barely pick it up, let alone play any shots.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yep, this guy at my club has one, well it's actually a Woodworm Torch with Funky stickers on, so it looks pretty cool. I have no idea how good the actual bats are.

aaron53

Cricket Spectator
I like ancient weapon names like excalibur and rapier and names like that. Kookaburra's latest names are a bit childish.