• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future Test simuation

chris.hinton

International Captain
I going to do a 5 match test series with the future sides of 2007 (IMO) that will play for both sides the squads are as follows

England

Vaughan (Capt), Trescothick, Bell, Troughton,Kadder Ali, , Foster, Kabir Ali, Jones, Harminson, Anderson, A "Leggie"

12th man Key

Australia

Marsh, Hayden, Ponting (Capt), North, Clarke, Gilcrist, Watson, Rofe, Bracken,Haurittz, Iness

12th man Cameron White

Who is your money on?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Who's "Marsh" Chris?

I doubt we will have a leggie then, and if they end up bowling like MacGill in the last few Tests with 100 runs + in every innings he bowled in or just about...then we will loose badly. That IS what happens when a leggie gets it wrong.

Langeveldt

Soutie
yeh i can definitely relate to Macgill and the problems he is having!
Its called the "Yips" I think, when a spinner cant land the ball properly

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
yeh i can definitely relate to Macgill and the problems he is having!
Its called the "Yips" I think, when a spinner cant land the ball properly
Or at all...see some of those full tosses? :O

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Who's going to be the "Leggie"? Your brother? ;)

1) Kadeer Ali over Shafayat?? Yeah, whatever.

2) That kind of Leg-spin is called "Bowling like me" - This Season's Analysis: 10.3-0-84-1 (top-edged slog to midwicket)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Who's going to be the "Leggie"? Your brother? ;)

1) Kadeer Ali over Shafayat?? Yeah, whatever.

2) That kind of Leg-spin is called "Bowling like me" - This Season's Analysis: 10.3-0-84-1 (top-edged slog to midwicket)
"Don't pick a leggie unless he's good enough"...oh how the applies now...:rolleyes:

hourn

U19 Cricketer
age_master said:
what the hell happened to michael dighton, and cam white owuld be in aead of hauritz i think ;)

Michael DIghton!!! now theres a terrific talent. Seems to be have been around for ages but is still only pretty young.

I would think he'd get a shot at Test Cricket at some stage if he keeps his FC form up, but whether he goes on with it is up to him.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
and cam white owuld be in aead of hauritz i think
Eh? Cam White needs to learn that the most important facet of being a spin bowler is the ability to spin the ball. :D He's bascially a really slow (albeit, accurate) medium pacer.

Who's "Marsh" Chris?
That would be Shaun Marsh, the son of former Aussie vice-captain, Geoff Marsh. If he doesn't have a long Test career, I won't be the only VERY surprised. He can really play the game very well.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Top_Cat said:
Eh? Cam White needs to learn that the most important facet of being a spin bowler is the ability to spin the ball. :D He's bascially a really slow (albeit, accurate) medium pacer.

That would be Shaun Marsh, the son of former Aussie vice-captain, Geoff Marsh. If he doesn't have a long Test career, I won't be the only VERY surprised. He can really play the game very well.

Agree with the first point about Cam White. Better batsmen at FC level than he is a bowler at the moment. That will change with experience though. He may become a Bill O'Reilly type who is quick through the air and gets bounce and not much turn.

Have heard Shaun Marsh is an absolute gun, but i've yet to see him bat. Has some impressive scores at various levels of cricket though, which can't be bad.

chris.hinton

International Captain
this is only a Simuation lads, I going for Dawson as the spinner becasue if i pick a Leggie people will complain

chris.hinton

International Captain
Rik said:
Who's "Marsh" Chris?

I doubt we will have a leggie then, and if they end up bowling like MacGill in the last few Tests with 100 runs + in every innings he bowled in or just about...then we will loose badly. That IS what happens when a leggie gets it wrong.
you are looking at MacGill from a Warne view, Not everyone well be as good as Warne, He bowled ok

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chris.hinton said:
this is only a Simuation lads, I going for Dawson as the spinner becasue if i pick a Leggie people will complain
Er.. Giles? He'll still be playing.

And Dawson can't turn it...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Top_Cat said:
Oh ok. I thought Chris had gone mad and picked Daniel Marsh, the Aussie who played for Leicestershire not long ago.