• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A in Pakistan

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Wed 5 September 1st Unofficial ODI - Pakistan A v Australia A

Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

Fri 7 September 2nd Unofficial ODI - Pakistan A v Australia A

Sheikhupura Stadium

Sun 9 September 3rd Unofficial ODI - Pakistan A v Australia A

Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

Wed 12 - Sat 15 1st Unofficial Test - Pakistan A v Australia A

Rawalpindi Stadium

Wed 19 - Sat 22 2nd Unofficial Test - Pakistan A v Australia A

Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

Zimdan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Gillespie is a sleeping giant in sub continent pitches.

I really hope he gets a bagful for Aus A. He was so badly treated by the aussie selectors a couple of years ago.

English pitches really dont do his type of bowling justice, he's much more suited to hard flat pitches that australia and asia give.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year

I really hope he gets a bagful for Aus A. He was so badly treated by the aussie selectors a couple of years ago.

English pitches really dont do his type of bowling justice, he's much more suited to hard flat pitches that australia and asia give.
i agree and he can hold his end of the bat which is always good!

i still remember mcgrath and gillespie's last wicket partnership against nz when they both notched up test 50's.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Very true this, Gillespie's performances on his two tours of India have been absolutely inspirational, easily his career highlights imo. In particular his bowling on the 2001 tour was remarkable, no matter how lost things looked he was always breathing fire and always looking dangerous, even when McGrath and Warne were being humbled by Laxman and Dravid and in the flattest and hottest of conditions, he really showed what an exceptional competitor he is. Shame he didnt really get the figures to justify how well he bowled either.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed, would defo like to see Hasan Raza and Faisal Iqbal in there, as for the bowling I'm hoping that Saqlain gets a call up.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Faisal Iqbal is the captain:@. Expect to see guys like Fawad Alam, Khurram Manzoor, Adnan Raza, Shahid Yousuf, Najaf Shah, Anwar Ali, Mansoor Amjad and a few more.

Adnan Raza is a gun.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Probables for the training camp

Faisal Iqbal (c)
Taufeeq Umar
Hassan Raza
Khalid Latif
Riffat ullah
Asim Kamal
Yasir Hameed
Navid LAteed
Shahid Yousuf
Adnan Raza
Sohail Tanveer
Mansoor Amjad
Atif Maqbool
Zoaib Khan
Tahir Khan
Sarfraz Ahmad
Zulqarnain Haider (wk)
Mohd Sami
Junaid Zia
Mohd Khalil
Mohd Irshad
Abdul Rauf
Anwer Ali
Rizwan Ahmad
Shoaib Khan
Najaf Shah
Aziz ul Haq

Crap no Khurram Manzoor or Jamshed Ahmed.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Irshad once again got hammered. I think selectors should now get it in their head that he will never turn out to be the next Shoaib, I hope Anwar Ali and Jamshed Ahmed get a run.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan A will probably have a better time of it in the OD matches, my interest though is in the 4-day games with a key eye on the performances of Dizzy, MacGill & the two openers.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan Beat Australia in the 1st ODI by 8 WKTS

Australia 233/7 in 50 overs
Pakistan 234/2, Yasir Hameed 107 , Faisal Iqbal 74

Gutted that Iqbal and Hameed scored:(

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Geez that's a crappy bowling lineup for Australia A. Bollinger is probably the pick of them, and he's nothing special at all.

brockley

International Captain
Australia A is always a better 4 day side than 1 day side,that said its a handy line up,maybe 1 batsmen short perhaps.
232 was never going to be enough,good win to pakistan A.

pup11

International Coach
I agree that Australian A side would be a much better side in the 4-day games, but i got to agree the odi bowling line-up is really dire.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Geez that's a crappy bowling lineup for Australia A. Bollinger is probably the pick of them, and he's nothing special at all.
Agreed. Australia do have quite a lot of bowlers in and around the test and ODI squads who wouldn't have been considered though, so it's too much of a worry. Lee, Clark, Johnson, Bracken, Hilfenhaus, Tait, MacGill, Hogg and Gillespie would be in front of all those bowlers which is probably sufficient depth. Australia could do with a few younger guys coming through in the next 3 years or so though as, Tait and Hilfenhaus aside, those bowlers are all getting on a touch.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Why are they picking tried and tested rubbish like Iqbal, Hameed, Naveed Latif, Taufiq Umer, Irshad etc is something I dont understand.

Wait for the Aussie to get used to the conditions and then watch out for some good spanking.