• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Warney's Record Be Broken?

Bodyline

Cricket Spectator
Muttiah Muralitharan will be here in Aus this summer.

Will he pass warney's record?

Warney took most of his wickets against quality opposition though.

I'll say no more:cool:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Muttiah Muralitharan will be here in Aus this summer.

Will he pass warney's record?

Warney took most of his wickets against quality opposition though.

I'll say no more:cool:
LOL, yeah, it will be. And with the amount of tests played these days so will it again later in the future.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Will be very interesting to see if he manages to break the record in Australia.... I mean the way he has been bowling lately he should but Aus have played him very well recently so it will be very very interesting:)

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia has traditionally handled him better than most, particularly in Australia, so it's not the foregone conclusion that it might be were he touring somewhere else.

If Murali does get the 9 wickets he needs, I hope the Australian crowd at least gives him the standing ovation he deserves.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
9 wickets from two tests. You'd expect a bowler like Murali to get there by the first innings of the second test at the latest tbh.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
LOL, yeah, it will be. And with the amount of tests played these days so will it again later in the future.
You never know, hopefully sometime in the not too distant future we'll be back to a sensible sort of program AND more importantly no substandard sides.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Is the SL-Aus test series in between our ODI & test series with them?
Yes it is. The Tests in Australia are on 8-12 and 16-20 November. I have to say there is a good chance he will break the record against us as his Test record in Australia isn't good (although TBF he's a better bowler than the last time he played for SL in a test in Australia which amazingly was in 1995.).The ironic thing is that Punter could be appealing to fans in his own backyard for if he does break the record in Australia its more likely it will be in Hobart than Brisbane (bear in mind SL have Vass and Malinga now and they can take wickets)

Matt79

Global Moderator
Just there's frequently a lot of comment about how Ponting is a rude person who is unnecessarily combative and insulting, and I think its actually a perception that isn't backed up by a lot of what he says. Hence my sarcasm.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Possibly because he can of times be rude and unneccessarily combative TBH. :) And that people like to work-up that sort of thing and exaggerate it beyond its real frame. I have rather a bit of experience of such a thing myself. :p