• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Room For Symonds in Aus test side?

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
You're right...it's not. But if averaging above 30 makes you a walking wicket then your standards are clearly too high.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You're asking for an avatar challenge.

Symonds to play every test in the Australian summer if fit, averaging over 30 with the bat and conceeding less than four runs an over?
Yeah I'll take that. Should probably make it more like 3.5-3.8 an over, but whatever.

Mister Wright

Half Back Flank
Is that an AFL position.

I had to teach AFL while I was on contract as a P.E. Teacher. All I wanted to say was. Let's play it properly and have 13 players a side and pass the ball backwards and not get points for missing.

Perm

You're right...it's not. But if averaging above 30 makes you a walking wicket then your standards are clearly too high.
Woops, misread the first time sorry. What I was meant to say was, averaging 31 for example isn't good enough. An average of 35 is required to be considered an all-rounder, and atleast 40 for Symonds because his bowling is so ineffective.

Johnners

Is that an AFL position.

I had to teach AFL while I was on contract as a P.E. Teacher. All I wanted to say was. Let's play it properly and have 13 players a side and pass the ball backwards and not get points for missing.
Indeed it is an AFL position. Thing is though, you wouldn't be playing AFL properly at all with only 13 players aside :p