• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zim can be no.1 at ODIs: ICC president

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
1. ODIs
2. Who would of said that Sri Lanka would of been world no. 1 in 1996?
3. They seem to produce decent players, its just all the behind-the-scene stuff thats the problem

Chubby Rain

School Boy/Girl Captain
1. ODIs
2. Who would of said that Sri Lanka would of been world no. 1 in 1996?
3. They seem to produce decent players, its just all the behind-the-scene stuff thats the problem
Sri Lanka were a far better side in 1993 than present day Zimbabwe.

pasag

RTDAS
Looks like he was just telling the Zimbabwe paper whatever they wanted to hear tbh, still the definitive statement of " And I believe these boys - if they are given a chance to play for the next three years as one unit - they will be at the top of world rankings," is laughable.

Chubb

International Regular
You can't trust a word the Herald says anyway- it's government-controlled. Typical spineless ICC fool trying to pass everything off as being okay. The ZC Board is run by ZANU PF, and it's just what they'd love to hear.

At best in three years time this team may have developed into a team capable of winning 1 out of every 5 ODIs that they play. Zimbabwe has always produced good cricketers and will continue to do so. But that's it.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
:laugh: :laugh: When i first read that I actually checked the date on the calendar to make sure it was not April 1st. But he probably said what his hosts wanted to hear - rather like the inspectators who visit cities bidding for the Olympics and never say anything bad in public about what they see.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hm.

If they win half the games against top-eight nations, plus all against Bangladesh, from now until June 2010 - in itself a tricky enough task - they'll be ranked somewhere around 8th-9th with 97 points.

Even if they in some miraculous world earn a 66 % win percentage (for comparison: Australia have 71 % from the series in WI after the 2003 World Cup to now), they would still only have 112 points, which would see them somewhere around third.

Just :laugh:, really.

Zimdan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
He's only saying what is possible from every team if everything is done right.

Although ill never agree Zimbabwe will be a no1 team we can however in the next year surpass bangladesh and ireland to gain out 9th place back.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh dear. So much wrong with that Mali statement, and virtually all already said. Just :laugh: really, TBH.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
He's only saying what is possible from every team if everything is done right.

Although ill never agree Zimbabwe will be a no1 team we can however in the next year surpass bangladesh and ireland to gain out 9th place back.
Yes, I agree, and I hope it happens. I don't mean to mock Zim, just that I'd rather he'd made a credible statement as I don't think saying that helps anyone.

Nishant

International 12th Man
i cant even be bothered to critisise his comments...im sure he was drunk when he made these statements!

Athlai

Not Terrible
:drunk:
Yeeeah you guys couldf be numba one soon. I looove you guys.
Youu knnow that Shane Watson guy I really wantt his numberr

I feel sick..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah if they have there old fellas chopped off then they might be in with a chance..