• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Status quo for NZ selectors

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I sometimes think that replacing the current New Zealand selectors with the members of Status Quo would improve things slightly.

I would worry about their stance on drug testing though....

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
I sometimes think that replacing the current New Zealand selectors with the members of Status Quo would improve things slightly.

I would worry about their stance on drug testing though....
The lead singer could hide behind his long hair when things don't go to plan!

Last edited:

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Obviously the selectors are doing a good job and the NZ cricket team are going the desired way.

Good for them

Perm

I wouldn't have minded terribly if John Bracewell got the sack from the selection panel, unlikely though it is, I think that if he were to lose his position on the panel that the Black Caps would have a better chance of winning more games and wouldn't have to deal with mediocrity like Hamish and James Marshall, Michael Mason etc.

HeathDavisSpeed

I wouldn't have minded terribly if John Bracewell got the sack from the selection panel, unlikely though it is, I think that if he were to lose his position on the panel that the Black Caps would have a better chance of winning more games and wouldn't have to deal with mediocrity like Hamish and James Marshall, Michael Mason etc.
I don't disagree with that.

Thankfully Hamish has jumped before I pushed him.

Natman20

International Debutant
I have been going on about Hamish being out of form for a couple years now. I think he actually just needed a few more games. He did score a 50 in the world cup. At least he made a decision that was probably best for him. Looking forward to seeing more of Sinclair and the Newbies although I hope they don't just use the new players as one offs in the T20 tournament.