• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bad Taste in the Mouth

PY

International Coach
age_master said:
well you gotta admit that the decisions in this game may have cost australia the game, lee had Butcher on his firts ball and then butcher went on to make 100, Hussain also should have got less, Harmison should have got virtually nothing in their 2nd innings, Vaughn May have made up for that bt we will never know than Hayden AND langer were given out and should not have been
Oh i do love people (aussies) who have to moan about a couple of decisions, wow a human being gave 2/3 decisions that could have gone either way. we've (england) have had many a debatable decisions but we don't moan about it much because we know that our domestic and national game has many flaws and these will create games where a decision appears to be crucial but if england were playin well then it wouldnt mean anything. You lot have to face upto the fact that you have 2 world-class bowlers in McGrath and Warne whereas the rest are absolute crap (meant in the nicest possible way). The fifth test showed how when those two older guys dont play then you are rather short of quality...............accept it that your game isnt perfect and move on. now i'll apologise for waffling but cant help it!!congrats to aussies for winning series

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
age_master said:
im just commenting on what ive seen in the last few days, here, in the barmy army and outside the pubs near the cricket ground
The Englishmen (and the rest of the World for that matter) have every right to enjoy this victory. The mighty Australians were beaten by 225 runs!!!!! That's commonly referred to as a thrashing!

When last did Australia get beaten at home? 4 Years ago! When last did Australia get beaten by 200+ runs?

PROUD+ENGLISH said:
You lot have to face upto the fact that you have 2 world-class bowlers in McGrath and Warne whereas the rest are absolute crap (meant in the nicest possible way).

Crap???? Brett Lee is Crap? , Jason, McGill,Bracken,Flemming, Hauritz, Bicheal are crap??? Man Australian are the only team that have a large pool of quality reserves. Just because England beat Australia in the final test match in which Aussies bowlers didn't fire doesn't mean Australia can't win matches without Warne and McGrath. I would say that had Australia taken on England without Warne and McGrath in the Ashes, Austrlai would still had won the series 4-1!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And I would say you're talking absolute cobblers - that attack looked innocuous, and if the 2 main worries pre-tour weren't there, the confidence England had wold have been so much better.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I actualy agree with marc Warne and McGrath are great players and England would have done much better probably more likly to be a 3-1 result.

anzac

International Debutant
naw - with England going thru their injury trot in the first 4 tests it would have still been 4 - 1 to the Aussies even without Warne & McGrath.

The depleted Aussie bowlers may not have knocked them over in 3 - 4 days but they are still good enough to get the job done, and would have improved over the series, whereas the English bowlers didn't get their act together until the last match partly because of their disruptions!!!!

The Aussie bowlers lost it in the 2nd innings because they did not have a leader on the field (Dizzy injured) & no other bowling options (effectivley down to a 3 man attack just as England had been in the 1st Test).

Even if Dizzy had been out for the series I would still put my money on an Aussie win - not because the replacements would have been so much better than the English, but just as good as & the batting attack is stronger in depth.

:)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Enough "ifs" and "buts", just accept England won, and won in impressive fashion.

The real reason Australia lost was the performance of the batsmen in both innings. I don't think you can blame any of the bowlers for that...