• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 13 - 19 August

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Congratulations to the following:

Jono - 13000 posts
pasag - 12000 posts
Perm - 12000 posts
chaminda_00 - 9000 posts
Sanz - 8000 posts
PhoenixFire - 6000 posts
nightprowler10 - 5000 posts
Son Of Coco - 4000 posts

The CW Awards Team

alternative (Milestones)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, Inzamam, Saj, Sobers & Bradman)
archie mac (Warne & Gatting-v-Rana)
adharcric (Afridi & Hussey)
oz_fan (Tony Greig & Marsh-Lillee)
Prince EWS (Jimmy Adams & Agarkar/Mohammed)
HeathDavisSpeed (FIAB)
Position vacant (Skull)

If you are celebrating a “posts milestone” and would like a mention please contact Manju at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com. All Awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

I'd like to introduce another Award, the Jeff Thomson Award for "whooooooooosh", but it won't be possible unless someone volunteers to judge it. We also need someone to judge the Skull, which is one of the most popular Awards and badly requires a new judge ASAP.

Best Of The Best

The Shahid Afridi Award (Best post of the week)
Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long to be great viewing.
And the Winner is: silentstriker for this, see Manan, he was NOT lying! Amidst pages and pages of sometimes ridiculous debate, this summed-up things better than anything. Anyway, hope we see you again soon ss, in the meantime, go easy. Hope you check in sometime and see you won this though.

The Shane Warne Award (Best thread of the week)
Like his bowling it must be interesting, but just like his private life it can also be controversial.
And the Winner is: pasag for this, “ah the memories” says Sean. :cool:

The Skull Award (Funniest post of the week)
Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious.
And the Winner is: no Award this week, for the third time I ask PLEASE could we have a judge?

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week)
The true all-rounder of CW, you must be able to contribute to a number of threads.
And the Winner is: no Award this week, I can’t remember a week where there were so many nondescript threads TBH. Was barely a chance for someone to vary their posting.

The Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week)
Will he ever live down that “I intend to make them grovel” prediction re- the West Indies in ‘76?
And the Winner is: no Award this week.

The Inzamam Award (Vaguest post of the week)
We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows.

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week)
We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he knew twice as much as Richie.
And the Winner is: Matt79, Bradman a couple of weeks ago, a bit of a letdown this I guess, but knowing him he’ll be happy I guess. Top man. :thumbup1:

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week)
Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria.

The Agarkar/Mohammed Award ('At least they’re trying' award)
Just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them.

The Gatting-vs-Rana Award (Best debate of the week)
And the Winners are: KaZoH0lic, archie mac, Dasa, adharcric, Sanz, honestbharani, silentstriker JASON, Richard, BoyBrumby, Matt79, Raghav, Mahindinho and open365 for this, from reply #202 onwards. Has CW finally matured? Another Murali thread not closed.

The Saj Award (Best rant of the week)
Following Saj's outburst after the Third Ashes Test 2006\07, and no Saj, we didn't know what you were doing out there either, it was a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves.

The Marsh-Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week)
They took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost.

The Jimmy Adams Award (Best stating-the-obvious post of the week)
After Jimmy's commentary performance with Sky on the England-West Indies series in 2007, where he repeatedly offered a perfect description of exactly what we'd just seen on the screen.

The FIAB Award (Most random and completely out-of-place post of the week)
Just like Paul "Frog In A Blender" Adams, very bizarre and invoking the sentiments "haha, what on Earth?"

Please remember, these Awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eh. :mellow: Just read this through. Surely a record for no-Awards? :no: I mean, it was a quiet week, yeah, but come on fellaz. We can't give Awards if you don't get your picks in on time!

DCC_legend

International Regular
If nobody applies/has applied for the skull position, i'll have a crack at it.

Do i need to send you an email Rich? Or will simply expressing my interest in said position suffice?

adharcric

International Coach
Can you please keep actual names out of the awards Richard? You are representing the awards team and your offline associations with specific members shouldn't play a role.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
congrats to all winners. :)

And what is up with SS now? Does someone have to leave every week ?

And I do I HAVE to find out abt it only in this thread? :(

archie mac

International Coach
Just for the record I did not award the Gatting/Rana to myself, but I was involved in the debate so imagine that is why Richard added the Mac

Must be the lowest amout of awards ever? A bit sad tbh