• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nicky Boje

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm kind of confused... I thought he couldn't tour India for South Africa because he didn't want to risk being arrested because he would have to talk to the police about match fixing. Does anyone know if that's been cleared now, or is he just going to risk it?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, serious? :laugh:

Well, that seems very odd indeed. I can only presume someone has sorted something out, as to risk it to do that but not to play for SA beggars belief, to me.

biased indian

International Coach
Haha, serious? :laugh:

Well, that seems very odd indeed. I can only presume someone has sorted something out, as to risk it to do that but not to play for SA beggars belief, to me.
No body has sorted out anyhting.....as far as i remember

only thing that i can think of is Zee might have promised him that they will bribe the indian police (AN EASY THING AS OF TODAY)..which CSA never promised him :)

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
No body has sorted out anyhting.....as far as i remember
Ah, okay... thanks. Just wondering if I'd missed something as the whole issue interested me the first time about.

I wonder how much he's earning cause he's hardly a big-name international recruit.

Zimdan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Or the lure of alot of money is worth the risk for him?

Id say this is probably right.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
According to this article, he'll be earning quite a sum. They also mention that he feels he'll be all right with regarding the Indian police because Gibbs got away unscathed last year.