• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Russel Tiffen...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Gregory Blewett said:
Well another GREAT performance from Tiffen again last night...

Some of those LBW's he gave not out were unbelieveable...

I mean im not complaining they went Australia's way:P :P , But this guy just doesn't seem to have a clue... if he is one of the top 8 umpires in the World Cricket is in trouble...
He's the best in Zimbabwe and I think there's got to be an umpire from every nation or sommit to be fair...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Gregory Blewett said:
Mate i don't understand the selectors thinking, they replaced a opening bowler(Gillespie) with a average All-Rounder(Symonds)

We should have had 3 quicks....
The bowling lacked depth...

Did u see some of those LBW calls Rich??

They were ordinary, i mean taking middle stump half way up....
Gillespie = Injured...

Symonds looks like someone who's played as an all-rounder but is more of a batsman/slogger and good fielder who bowls a bit. Hogg...oh dear...why was he picked in the 1st place? Your gonna have to cope with him in the WC too :(

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Hogg will rarely play in the WC with Warney playing...

I know Gillespie is Injured but i can't understand why they would only take 2 quicks into the match, i mean Brad Williams and Bracken are both very capable even if it was for only 1 game....

Symonds is very over-rated in my opinion, his batting is not up to international level and his bowling has fallen away alot...

IMO he is a wasted player in the squad they could have taken another bowler or batsman....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Hogg bowled CRAP last night, ive not really seen him play much but if he always bowls anywheer near that crap i dont see why he got picked for the VB series, let alone the WC, i mean players like Clarke and Katich bowl much more economically than that, and they are far better batsmen

also, is noffke injured, hes a top bowler, he should have played as the 3rd quick, hes economic and a wicket taker

Bazza

International 12th Man
I loved Ian Botham. Scathing as always he said "Is this the best Australia can offer? Surely they must have better players than the 4 replacements they picked?" (Referring to the likes of Hogg, Symonds, etc)... "They better hope no one gets injured!"

:lol: