• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Russel Tiffen...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I LOVED HIS INNINGS, it was a great knock, but i was dissapointed that Hussain slowed things down when he got in

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I LOVED HIS INNINGS, it was a great knock, but i was dissapointed that Hussain slowed things down when he got in
Well you sounded like he was just lucky to be there. You didn't say you loved his knock then, you've just expected me to think you loved it yet you said he was lucky to be there...oh well. Hussain didn't need to speed up, he set Australia a very large target and gave his bowlers plenty of time and the got the breakthroughs for him.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
21.4 Caddick to Bichel, OUT: struck on the pad by a ball going a mile down leg and also rather high, umpire Russell Tiffin seems to love giving rubbish lbw decisions, here's another one

Says it all really
:rolleyes:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Add another poor decision to his total...

That ball to bichel was going that far down leg, Orchard at square leg could've fielded it...
:!( :!( :!( :!( :!(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok Rich says it wasn't that bad "Everyone first thought that (way down leg-side), but Hake-eye said it would have just hit leg" "He was right back in the crease and hit about knee role"

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah it was above the knee-roll. Hawkeye says it was an amazingly good decision (or a guess) but at normal speed, I certainly wouldn't have given it out..............

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
also Vaughn could have easily got a pair the way he got out in the first innings, he got lucky in the the new ball for aussies in the 2nd innings didn't seem to want to swing much at all
You find it impossible to give any credit don't you?

The ball didn't seem to want to swing?

Maybe, shock horror, it was a poor effort by the opening bowlers?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Top_Cat said:
Nah it was above the knee-roll. Hawkeye says it was an amazingly good decision (or a guess) but at normal speed, I certainly wouldn't have given it out..............
amazingly good decision or guess? This is Tiffin here...take a wild guess...(like he did) :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Poor Tiffin, gets one right and still gets slated!

I suppose Waugh's bowled was a wrong decision as well? ;)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Poor Tiffin, gets one right and still gets slated!

I suppose Waugh's bowled was a wrong decision as well? ;)
Yeah he hit it, how can you get out bowled if u hit the Ball???

What a stupid game...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;););)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
You've changed your tune ;)
Yeah well it depends on the circumstances. If there's someone like Bangar blocking every ball during a run chase that's not good...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Gregory Blewett said:
Yeah he hit it, how can you get out bowled if u hit the Ball???

What a stupid game...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;););)
Well you can bottom edge a drive like I did today...one run away from averaging 100 :(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
Yeah so what would you call it :P
Let's think about it...Played On? Nah, doesn't really explain it does it? What about "Inside-Edged Onto The Stumps" ahhhhh I think we have a winner here, nice and simple!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Try - "He's too old so his reflexes aren't what they were so he didn't deal with it and was bowled"

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Try - "He's too old so his reflexes aren't what they were so he didn't deal with it and was bowled"
Hmmmm, he did react quite quickly. Let's see how spritely you move in 13 years... :lol:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well another GREAT performance from Tiffen again last night...

Some of those LBW's he gave not out were unbelieveable...

I mean im not complaining they went Australia's way:P :P , But this guy just doesn't seem to have a clue... if he is one of the top 8 umpires in the World Cricket is in trouble...

Rich2001

International Captain
Gregory Blewett said:
Well another GREAT performance from Tiffen again last night...

Some of those LBW's he gave not out were unbelieveable...

I mean im not complaining they went Australia's way:P :P , But this guy just doesn't seem to have a clue... if he is one of the top 8 umpires in the World Cricket is in trouble...
:lol: Didn't help you in the long run did it :lol:

Another loss, what's going on?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate i don't understand the selectors thinking, they replaced a opening bowler(Gillespie) with a average All-Rounder(Symonds)

We should have had 3 quicks....
The bowling lacked depth...

Did u see some of those LBW calls Rich??

They were ordinary, i mean taking middle stump half way up....