• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will MoYo ever play Test cricket again?

pasag

RTDAS
Reports are that he has rumoured to have signed with the ICL and if the PCB don't back down he'll never represent Pakistan again. Pretty insane situation making, 1788 runs in 2006 to break Viv Richard's record and it being all over half a year later.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Wow - that would be the first decent signing ICL have made - apart from retired greats and nobodies.

I'd be staggered if he did so if it meant never playing for Pakistan again, but I'd guess if he can bluff the PCB into backing down, then its money for jam.

Be a crying shame if he did - everyone would love to see whether he can repeat anything like last year's form.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
I'd be amazed if he played in the ICL - especially as it's a 20/20 competition. Unless he is unhappy for some reason - not getting the captaincy perhaps? - I'd be surprised if he gave up his career. And I don't think him alone would make the PCB back down - now if Younis Khan, Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif signed up with him....

Matt79

Global Moderator
It would be especially surprising given Akhtar and Asif have stated publicly they've told ICL to go shove their money. Yussuf would look very silly if he zigs when everyone else zags. (Well, apart from Farhat that is).

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
NO, he won't.

Dinesh Mongia, JP Yadav and Deep Dasgupta among Indian recruits

Inzamam, Yousuf head ICL roster

Cricinfo staff

August 20, 2007

The Indian Cricket League unveiled its roster of players for the first season on Monday. Four Pakistan players including Inzamam-ul-Haq and Mohammad Yusuf, and several Indian players including former internationals JP Yadav, Deep Dasgupta, Dinesh Mongia and Reetinder Sodhi and promising youngsters Ambati Rayudu and Abhishek Jhunjhunwala were among the players named.
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/icl/content/current/story/307545.html

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Of course he will

PCB and integrity are mutually exclusive - if they need him, he'll be picked

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Of course he will

PCB and integrity are mutually exclusive - if they need him, he'll be picked
I'd say youre right (given their performance with Shoaib and Asif last year) unless the ICC does what it tried to do with Packer players and ban them from offical cricket.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha. Good.

If only Shoaib and Asif would also join the ICL....
Exactly my sentiments. Shoaib wont Join, since Inzi is already there, that probably would have been Inzi's one of the pre-requisits. ;)

Fusion

Global Moderator
I don't see how Yousaf or Asif not playing Test cricket is such a good thing. I still maintain that ICL will not have any major impact to BCCI. All this is doing is depriving cricket fans of seeing their favorite players in action (in Test cricket at least). If Yousaf never plays Test cricket again, I will truly despise ICL. Heck, I'll even start buying all of India's pay per view packages to ensure that BCCI's coffers remain full against the ICL.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't see how Yousaf or Asif not playing Test cricket is such a good thing. I still maintain that ICL will not have any major impact to BCCI. All this is doing is depriving cricket fans of seeing their favorite players in action (in Test cricket at least). If Yousaf never plays Test cricket again, I will truly despise ICL. Heck, I'll even start buying all of India's pay per view packages to ensure that BCCI's coffers remain full against the ICL.
ICL hasn't even started and the BCCI has just upped the domestic player salaries significantly.

Coincidence?

Fusion

Global Moderator
ICL hasn't even started and the BCCI has just upped the domestic player salaries significantly.

Coincidence?
Upping salaries is not a major impact IMO. Those supporting ICL have talked about a need for infrastructure changes at domestic level. People talked about how thousands of cricketers have no future if they fail to make it to the national team. How is ICL correcting these problems? So let's say another 20 or 30 cricketers now have jobs. How does that help the thousands (millions?) of others that don't make it to either BCCI or ICL teams? Even those that do get jobs with ICL are on shaky grounds because there is a high risk of failure. I have yet to see a convincing argument on why the ICL is good other than "they're sticking it to the evil BCCI".

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Upping salaries is not a major impact IMO. Those supporting ICL have talked about a need for infrastructure changes at domestic level. People talked about how thousands of cricketers have no future if they fail to make it to the national team. How is ICL correcting these problems? So let's say another 20 or 30 cricketers now have jobs. How does that help the thousands (millions?) of others that don't make it to either BCCI or ICL teams? Even those that do get jobs with ICL are on shaky grounds because there is a high risk of failure. I have yet to see a convincing argument on why the ICL is good other than "they're sticking it to the evil BCCI".
Why should it do anything for those who dont make it to ICL/BCCI teams ? It just means that those players aren't good enough to compete in cricket at that level and they should look for other careers. ICL is talking about minium 12 teams which means atleast 144 players, as a result of this BCCI already upping the ante for its own domestic players meaning some 500 cricketers all over the country. How is it not good ?

And you woould be kidding if you thought that it wont be good for Pakistan Cricket - If something like this to expand to Pakistan domestic Cricket, where they will have a decent domestic structure as opposed to a total anarchy that is PCB andsomething that paid well too.

It's not about sticking it to BCCI, its about their attitude towards this league and cricket overall, why cant India have another cricket league ? What gives BCCI rights to ban players for taking part in a league. BCCI in the past has taken a boneheaded attitude in pretty much every issue, it even went to the court against Sports ministry of India and won the case that Sports ministry has no jusrisdiction on it when it tried to intervene. BCCI acts as if they OWN cricket in India, they can make/break anyone at their wish, they can **** around with fans, cricketers and pretty much everyone that loves the game.

What is the problem if there are alternative leagues ? This Question that IF MOYO is going to play test cricket again is not because of ICL, it is because PCB's stand on the issue.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Is it just me or its the Pakistani cricketers who gets lured to the $$$ very easily. Just show them some big bucks and they are willing to sell their national pride, no wonder match fixing was such a huge menace in Pak cricket.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Poor stuff from Yousaf .Lost all respect for him. And one cant argue "but he has to feed his family." Crap! He makes enough that he can feed his entire neioughbourhood this is all greed for money and way of showing anger at PCB. Dude you play for Pakistan not PCB.