• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20/20 Cricket.

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
I personally find the 50 over format more enjoyable and exciting than the 20/20 version of the game. I enjoy the way an innings can be constructed, and the how much more exciting a chase is. Yes, I will agree that there are more big shots in 20/20, but that isn't the only thing that should make cricket exciting. I really hope that 20/20 doesn't EVER take 50 over crickets place, because that would be horrible. 20/20 is too short. I don't enjoy these power plays either! Not may captain choose to delay the power plays, and I just prefered it when there were 15 overs in the beginning. I hope powerplays go, just like the substitute idea 8-)

Matt79

Global Moderator
May I suggest you join the Twenty20 Is Boring Society then? :)

Stacks of us here show we feel exactly the way you do re 20/20 by having the initials T20IBS in our sig.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Nah, seriously coming around to being a fan an advocate of Twenty/20. Like with ODI's, though, it all needs to be in moderation.

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
^ I don't fidn it exciting, yes there are lots of big shots but the games arn't tight most of the time.

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
I can understand the attraction 20/20 has to younger people, and I'm sure it must be responsible for younger people starting cricket wich is great. Cricket (for me) is more about the big shots and I find at times too many big shots can get a bit repetitive or boring. For example on a cricket computer game, when you can hit a 6 every ball it gets a bit dull. It's just a personal preference. I'm happy that there is such thing as 20/20 but I just don't wan't it to get any bigger. If 20/20 attracts people to the game it can only be a good thing (within limit)

Salixiscool

Cricket Spectator
20/20 is good once in a while as a sort of fun match for the whole family IMO. Its fun every now and again but I don't want a world cup or anything major. 20/20 at the moment seems to be all about smashing the ball. I also think its an uneven balance with the bowlers usually being dominated. I hope they just keep it to limited overs and test matches.