• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne to play on German passport?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No avoiding the filter...
:laugh:

You'd think he'd just crapped on Nellie Melba's grave whilst humming Deutschland Uber Alles by the way some of the Oz rentagobs have reacted. The fact he'll still be Australian, albeit one with dual nationality seems to be lost on them.

howardj

International Coach
His Mum cost him a year out of the game lol so it would be only fitting if she could add a year to his stellar career.

What a peach of a player this guy was/is.

Will be missed.

pasag

RTDAS

You'd think he'd just crapped on Nellie Melba's grave whilst humming Deutschland Uber Alles by the way some of the Oz rentagobs have reacted. The fact he'll still be Australian, albeit one with dual nationality seems to be lost on them.

Lol.

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good for him, if I was in that position I would. Maybe they should allow 2 overseas players a season, and all the other players have to have lived in the UK fo say...2 years or something like that.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Maybe the UK should withdraw from the EU while they still have time. All this kind of stuff is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Germany only allows dual nationality in exceptional circumstances though, this trivial cricket matter probably wouldn't cut it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Germany only allows dual nationality in exceptional circumstances though, this trivial cricket matter probably wouldn't cut it.
Looking at the criteria (Linky) it seems like he's struggling, actually.

Children born to a married couple

Children born between 1 January 1914 and 31 December 1963 are German if the father was a German citizen. Children born between 1 January 1964 and 31 December 1974 are German if the father was a German citizen or, if the child should be stateless otherwise, if the mother was a German citizen. A child born to a German mother and foreign father between 1 April 1953 and 31 December 1974 became German only if the mother requested German citizenship for the child before 31 December 1977. Children born after 1 January 1975 are German if either parent was a citizen at the time of the child’s birth.

Matteh

I'd like to quickly point out that the last sentence there is the reason why despite me being born in Germany, i've never been German.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Looking at the criteria (Linky) it seems like he's struggling, actually.

Children born to a married couple

Children born between 1 January 1914 and 31 December 1963 are German if the father was a German citizen. Children born between 1 January 1964 and 31 December 1974 are German if the father was a German citizen or, if the child should be stateless otherwise, if the mother was a German citizen. A child born to a German mother and foreign father between 1 April 1953 and 31 December 1974 became German only if the mother requested German citizenship for the child before 31 December 1977. Children born after 1 January 1975 are German if either parent was a citizen at the time of the child’s birth.
According to this I'm German too. (Born 1965 to a German father)

Hampshire here I come!!! (just wish I could play cricket. :wacko: )

cpr

International Coach
also known as the German government was quick to see off a claim from someone who brings absolutely nothing to Germany. At least basketball players claiming dubious british nationality are actually going to play for us.

Son Of Coco

You'd have to be prepared to explain 'dual nationality' if you went around making bold statements like that! :happy:

On his passport they'll simply just add 'un' in front of 'Australia' and then finish it off with a flashy 'n'. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in a detention centre when he comes home. :sleep: