• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Goldie to play cricket!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Its fantastic news for NZ considering the recent retirements, injuries etc.

Wilson has the ability to read a situation like a book and is outstanding at all areas of cricket (batting, bowling, fielding)

I think the wait now is to see whether he'll make the World Cup, there is no doubt that he will if he has a big summer for Otago.

Kimbo

International Debutant
yea it sure is exciting ... i hope he does well, hopefully he can step up to replace guys like nash

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Its great PR for NZ cricket, I imagine that if Wilson gets picked for NZ next year, that the crowds will pack the grounds just to see him play.

I just read in the NZ Herald that Wilson said he always wanted to play cricket more than rugby which was interesting.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
hmm he will have the power to blast some

after all the hard intensive rugby training the cricket ones should be easy as for him

Kimbo

International Debutant
the training he will have to do for cricket will be quite different though... he will probably have to do a bit of LSD...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
the training he will have to do for cricket will be quite different though... he will probably have to do a bit of LSD...
LSD?

It's very interesting, not many people are top-level internationals in two sports (Thinks... 1906... CB Fry... that's all I can remember, plus someone who played for Nuneaton Borough at Football and Gibraltar at Cricket, but that's hardly top level!)

Kimbo

International Debutant
lsd is long slow distance training, it means going for a really long jog(usually) going real slow...
boring eh

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's very interesting, not many people are top-level internationals in two sports (Thinks... 1906... CB Fry... that's all I can remember, plus someone who played for Nuneaton Borough at Football and Gibraltar at Cricket, but that's hardly top level!)
Jonty Rhodes was to go with South Africa to the 1992 Olympics to play hockey but turned them down to play cricket instead.

Rick Charlston(?) for Australia played hockey and cricket as well.

But yes, they are few and far between.