• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England v New Zealand Women

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah yeah I know, women's cricket, but it is the only international cricket being played today, and hell, if 'South African Women in Holland' merits a thread, shouldn't there be one for our own ladies?

One-day series starts today at Taunton. Live coverage on SS2. Being a relatively new Skyster I've hardly seen any women's cricket on TV - I saw some highlights of the last T20 game last night and a NZ bowler took 6-17 without appearing to do much more than bowl straight.

England captain Charlotte Edwards missed yesterday's match but is hoping to be fit to play today.

stumpski

International Captain
Well, she's playing today. New Zealand won toss and batting.

Am I right in thinking that New Zealand, along with Australia, are the places where the women's game is taken most seriously? Comes with success, I suppose.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, she's playing today. New Zealand won toss and batting.

Am I right in thinking that New Zealand, along with Australia, are the places where the women's game is taken most seriously? Comes with success, I suppose.
Reasonably casual, as you can expect for a sport that gets so little support in NZ anyway. Good numbers playing girls cricket in schools though, especially down my way.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I ejnoyed the Twenty20 last night on TV, I don't usually watch women's cricket. The NZ batsmen looked like they could hit big, and the 6-17 from S'thwaite was really good fun.

I think they'll give our girls a good strong test.

stumpski

International Captain
NZ finished with 225-7 (Bates 82, Colvin 3-36) , a pretty good score in an area of the game renowned for slow scoring.

LOL at Charles Colville interviewing two England bowlers who don't even come up to his shoulder.