• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly- should he be dropped.

Should Ganguly be dropped???

• Yes, drop him. He doesn't deserve to be there.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Strip his captaincy, he is a crappy captain.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Leave him as captain

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • drop him and throw rotten tomatoes at him.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Changing the captain just before a premier tournament like the WC is not the right move. Make Ganguly know that he is on probation both as captain and as a batsman and reevaluate his position after the WC. If he fails in the WC on both counts, throw him out and replace him with Dravid(who seems to be the only other choice). If he fails as a skipper(ie if the teams flops miserably again under him) but comes good as a batsman, keep him in the team but take away his captaincy. Else, just continue with him.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
sasnoz said:
the wickets havent been good but now its left a physcological hold on the batsmen
The wickets were the same for the New Zealander team, and they've scored runs and aren't physcologically scarred by it - no team should be, they should be able to put poor performances behind them and get on with the next game!

Bazza

International 12th Man
Shocking! I just voted that Ganguly should be stripped of his captaincy. He is a crappy captain and I have thought that since we were in India last winter and I got my first look at him. He's a useful player but useLESS captain.

The weirdest thing is that I am the first person to vote for this option!?!? :O

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bazzaroodoo said:
Shocking! I just voted that Ganguly should be stripped of his captaincy. He is a crappy captain and I have thought that since we were in India last winter and I got my first look at him. He's a useful player but useLESS captain.

The weirdest thing is that I am the first person to vote for this option!?!? :O
I voted for him to be dropped, as he is not doing anything with the bat in Tests and he's still batting at 5 and stopping Laxman from playing in a position I think he would enjoy more than batting with the tail! He got 281 at number 3 remember! So why is he still batting with the tail?

sasnoz

Banned
umm marc the nzers have made bugger all runs inthe tests and odis and weve only batted first twice so india have had the tougher job