• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 6 - 12 August

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Congratulations to the following:

:unsure:

The CW Awards Team

alternative (Milestones)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, Inzamam, Saj, Sobers & Bradman)
adharcric (Afridi & Hussey)
oz_fan (Tony Greig & Marsh-Lillee)
Archie (Warne & Gatting-v-Rana)
Prince EWS (Jimmy Adams & Agarkar/Mohammed)
HeathDavisSpeed (FIAB)
Position vacant (Skull)

If you are celebrating a “posts milestone” and would like a mention please contact Manju at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com. All Awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

I'd like to introduce another Award, the Jeff Thomson Award for "whooooooooosh", but it won't be possible unless someone volunteers to judge it. We also need someone to judge the Skull, which is one of the most popular Awards and badly requires a new judge ASAP.

Best Of The Best

The Shahid Afridi Award (Best post of the week)
Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long to be great viewing.
And the Winners are: Beleg and Pratyush for this and this respectively, a tied Award, allowed specially given the fact that this may, sadly, be the latter's final Award. :( Both superb posts and to split them would have been difficult.

The Shane Warne Award (Best thread of the week)
Like his bowling it must be interesting, but just like his private life it can also be controversial.
And the Winner is: sideshowtim for this, has generated a breadth of quality discussion. :thumbup1:

The Skull Award (Funniest post of the week)
Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious.
And the Winner is: no Award this week, no judge still, will repeat the plea of last week: PLEASE could someone put their hand up to pick this Award?

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week)
The true all-rounder of CW, you must be able to contribute to a number of threads.
And the Winner is: open365, really been around this week, our Bowman... must be the school holidays.

The Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week)
Will he ever live down that “I intend to make them grovel” prediction re- the West Indies in ‘76?
And the Winner is: silentstriker for this, and what’s more if you wanted a long-term Greigy it’d surely be this. Either way, Manan will surely be pleased to have won something?

The Inzamam Award (Vaguest post of the week)
We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows.
And the Winner is: dass for this. :huh: Always been an ITSTL one, this fella.

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week)
We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he knew twice as much as Richie.
And the Winner is: iamdavid, Mr Hoitink back posting regularly-ish, it seems... good to see.

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week)
Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria.
And the Winner is: no Award this week.

The Agarkar/Mohammed Award ('At least they’re trying' award)
Just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them.
And the Winner is: Richard, yet again. :dry: For this whole thread (WARNING: may take some time to read all posts). Apparently I "almost had him convinced" though.

The Gatting-vs-Rana Award (Best debate of the week)
And the Winners are: no Award this week.

The Saj Award (Best rant of the week)
Following Saj's outburst after the Third Ashes Test 2006\07, and no Saj, we didn't know what you were doing out there either, it was a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves.
And the Winner is: no Award this week.

The Marsh-Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week)
They took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost.
And the Winner is: Turbinator, Aseem will be delighted India have won in England I'm sure, but probably even more so that his insane (:@:ph34r: ) leaps of faith were justified.

The Jimmy Adams Award (Best stating-the-obvious post of the week)
After Jimmy's commentary performance with Sky on the England-West Indies series in 2007, where he repeatedly offered a perfect description of exactly what we'd just seen on the screen.
And the Winner is: Pratyush for this, a 2nd Award in the week... such a shame he has left! :(

The FIAB Award (Most random and completely out-of-place post of the week)
Just like Paul "Frog In A Blender" Adams, very bizarre and invoking the sentiments "haha, what on Earth?"
And the Winner is: Speersy for this, um, well, yeah, I suppose it might. :unsure:

The Mike Hussey Award (Best newcomer of recent times [less then 500 posts])
Not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket”.
And the Winner is: The_Bunny, starting to contribute accross the forum. Would like to see more though.

Please remember, these Awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You feeling OK at the mo, Xavier? That's two Rolleyes in a couple of days, one too on poor old Rob (bugssy) on his birthday.

Unlike you. :huh:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
The Marsh-Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week)
They took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost.
And the Winner is: Turbinator, Aseem will be delighted India have won in England I'm sure, but probably even more so that his insane (:@:ph34r: ) leaps of faith were justified.
Proudest!
Moment!
In!
My!
Life!

:w00t:

vogue

International Vice-Captain
I'd like to introduce another Award, the Jeff Thomson Award for "whooooooooosh", but it won't be possible unless someone volunteers to judge it. We also need someone to judge the Skull, which is one of the most popular Awards and badly requires a new judge ASAP.

...whats the criteria for a 'whooooooooosh' award then?....not offering to judge mind,just curious....:)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater

...whats the criteria for a 'whooooooooosh' award then?....not offering to judge mind,just curious....:)
The point of a member's post being completely misunderstood by another member.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
Basically if someone totally misunderstands what someone else is trying to say. IE, "whoooooosh, that's just gone over your head". The reason it'd be named after Thommo is twofold; one, he was pretty quick with ball in hand, so he went "whooooooosh" and two, he's not the smartest bloke around, and strikes me as the sort who'd have quite a few "whooooooooosh" moments himself.

sideshowtim

Banned
I've contributed to some quality discussion round here? Hop in the bomb shelters lads, I think the apocalypse might be around the corner.

Always nice to win an award for something good :p

vogue

International Vice-Captain
The point of a member's post being completely misunderstood by another member.
Basically if someone totally misunderstands what someone else is trying to say. IE, "whoooooosh, that's just gone over your head". The reason it'd be named after Thommo is twofold; one, he was pretty quick with ball in hand, so he went "whooooooosh" and two, he's not the smartest bloke around, and strikes me as the sort who'd have quite a few "whooooooooosh" moments himself.
.....thank you both for explaining :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
congrats to all winners. :)

And plz someone tell me what is the deal with Pratyush? Haven't been on as frequently as I wud like to and I seem to have missed out on a lot here.. :(