• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Sign to look out for!!!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
There is one way to tell when Steve Waugh is about to retire, according to the man himself....

In an interview at Trent Bridge back in 2001, Waugh was asked about his refusal to play the Hook Shot..

"I play about one every year," he said.

But the key point in the the interview was this...

"I'm going to play an innings before I retire when I'm going to hook - I guarantee that in a Test match, You'll know when I'm about to retire by that."

So keep watching when Waugh comes out to bat in the Aussies innings and we could see the 1st sign of the retirement....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
*** prays for Steve Waugh King Pair caught at deep Square Leg in each inngins as England win by an innings ***

Rich2001

International Captain
age_master said:
yeah but now he might not have the choice if he gets dropped before the WI tour
If he doesn't retire, he will tour WI IMO. He has just started to get a bit of form back, espically if he scores quite big in the last test, i'll doubt the selectors would drop him for the sack of it.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
102 not out and havent seen a hook shot in that yet.
Maybe we havent seen the back of this man yet.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
marc71178 said:
*** prays for Steve Waugh King Pair caught at deep Square Leg in each inngins as England win by an innings ***
Well I well and truly jinxed that!

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
I dont even get all this hoopla about S Waugh being in poor form. I mean the aussie top order never really gives him a chance to get into any kind of rhythm. Im sure if the Aus top order was performing less consistently, Steve Waugh would have been a lot more successful. This innings he got a chance to bat for a long innings and he did.

How many players in the history of the game have had an average of 50 coming lower than number 4? Not many.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
royGilchrist said:
I dont even get all this hoopla about S Waugh being in poor form. I mean the aussie top order never really gives him a chance to get into any kind of rhythm. Im sure if the Aus top order was performing less consistently, Steve Waugh would have been a lot more successful. This innings he got a chance to bat for a long innings and he did.

How many players in the history of the game have had an average of 50 coming lower than number 4? Not many.
Gilly off hand. I'll remember some more later.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Right, but Gilchrist has played only 38 tests, I will be very surprised and impressed if he can maintain the same average (or above 50) when he reaches more than 80 matches.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
royGilchrist said:
Right, but Gilchrist has played only 38 tests, I will be very surprised and impressed if he can maintain the same average (or above 50) when he reaches more than 80 matches.
Id be more surprised if he doesnt keep up his average. This man is a freak with a bat in his hand.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bazzaroodoo said:
Gilchrist is a :alien8: . You can't bowl to that guy.
Except when you give him no chance to win the match and he trys to have some fun...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: confused again by riks strange comments
What's so strange about saying Gilchrist knew the situation was hopeless so he tried to make the most of it and have some fun by moosing the ball around. That's not exactly hard to work out is it? If your confused about that then...oh dear. Or maybe you just don't want to believe it ;) :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, can't you see Rik? He was proving the obvious Aussie superiority in the 5th Test but then unluckily got out.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
No, can't you see Rik? He was proving the obvious Aussie superiority in the 5th Test but then unluckily got out.
I did? Did I? Wow...I did! How could I? :lol: :lol: :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well, everyone knows that the England victory was the result of good batting by Vaughan, good bowling by Hoggard and 9 players with luck!