• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you support (State, Country ETC)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
anzac said:
ND & Black Caps by birth,

Australia - great to watch their utter professionalism,

but most of all I like to watch a good competitive match - no matter who is playing!

:)
"Australia - great to watch their utter professionalism"

can you still say that after the moans and excuses and fines for trashing windows and swearing at umpires? Sounds like village cricket behaviour!

True about the last comment, if England had won by like 10 runs in the 5th Test then it would have been the icing on the cake of a superb match really. It's a shame the Aussies folded like they did, and Hussain setting such a large target, but other than that it was very close. Some great performances too, I thought Caddick had lost it, Hoggard couldn't find it and Steve Waugh, before this match, looked like he couldn't either!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rik said:
"Australia - great to watch their utter professionalism"

can you still say that after the moans and excuses and fines for trashing windows and swearing at umpires? Sounds like village cricket behaviour!
If we behaved consistently on our village green like Australia were behaving, we would be chucked out of the league in no time....

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
If we behaved consistently on our village green like Australia were behaving, we would be chucked out of the league in no time....
Yeah and with a large fine...hmmm my mind was blank...what about...spoilt brats?

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Back to the point!

I support Somerset and England. Not doing very well am I, considering the form of both during recent times!

Ayway, Somerset are going to kick arse next season; Tres'thick is going to regain his form, and together with Michael Vaughan he is going to rule the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D
Mmmmm.......getting a bit carried away there!!

Attachments

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The odds will have come in too much now to make it worthwhile.

Can't get odds on SL to beat Aus in the next match either at the moment :!(

Legglancer

State Regular
Well folks I am from Toronto Canada and eventhough all my friends are either Hockey or Basketball nuts ... I remain a firm self confessed Cricket addict. I am a rare species in this neck of the woods. However I am optimistic and working very hard to make cricket catch-on !!

Who do I follow ????? you ask.

GO CANADA !!!! GO LEAFS !!!! GO RAPTORS !!!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Legglancer, who are the one's we have to look out for at the World Cup?

Anyone likely to do better / worse than they're doing in the Cricketweb version?

Legglancer

State Regular
Well Marc I think the answer is obvious... at least for the first 2 spots

1) Aussie

2) Afrikanas

3)England/NZ

4)WI

5) India/Pak/SL

5) Zim

6) Bang/Ken/Nam/Can/Hol

These are my picks for the WC played in SA. However these ratings are only valid for hard, bouncy, fast conditions and not on the Subcontinant tracks.

Legglancer

State Regular
Ooops Sorry !!!

The Canadian cricket team is quite talented.. however they lack experience and expousure which is so vital to be a successful international side.
I have my fingers crossed that they may surprise a few people. IMO the most talented Canadian player in the WC poole is Our Pacie Sanjayan. He is deceptively fast and accurate.... Even Tendulkar found found him difficult to score off. I feel if he was residing in a test playing nation he would have gone far. He is a little past his prime now and unfortunately put on some extra pounds ..... I hope he still hasnt lost his "magic". Also John Davison is quite good.