• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Test Rankings - Updated Jan 2012

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Bazzaroodoo said:
It did say to be patient because they are very busy. I'm sure they get bombarded with all sorts of stuff which isn't particularly worthwhile (not like this!).

Did you try the other ones Neil?
Haven't checked the other two out of yet... possibly would have been an idea for when TMS was in production during the Ashes?

Re: Big Names.... Who could we contact?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Haven't checked the other two out of yet... possibly would have been an idea for when TMS was in production during the Ashes?

Re: Big Names.... Who could we contact?
Iron Bottom? ;)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If anyone says "Warnakulasuriya Patabendige Ushantha Joseph Chaminda Vaas" or anything along those lines, I will not be impressed. :)

Keep Topic please :)

Bazza

International 12th Man
I was always a fan of Herath 'Mudiyanselage Rangana Keerthi Bandara' Herath myself.

On the BBC site they had a contact address for Bill Frindall (resident scorer/statistician on TMS), but that was to ask him questions (ie try and catch him out because he knows everything - via his many resources of course).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Bazzaroodoo said:
On the BBC site they had a contact address for Bill Frindall (resident scorer/statistician on TMS), but that was to ask him questions (ie try and catch him out because he knows everything - via his many resources of course).
Tried it..

PY

International Coach
maybe you should get in contact with Lord Condon and his chums because something is majorly corrupt with those rankings!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
I am annoyed by this...

When I made my Test Rankings late last year, nobody said anything.

My system said the same thing Australia then the rest...

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
it took it to account...

Home and Away - Winning at home was worth less than away

Good v Bad - England beating Australia is worth more that England beating Bangladesh

It took into account the previous 2 series in both locations... (4 series)

And it came out about the same.

NOBODY GAVE A DAMN THEN!

Go_India

School Boy/Girl Captain
Its just a matter of time. You guys will see Tendulkar toping Test and ODis ranking. HE is the BEST BATSMAN EVER!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Did you bother to look at the rankings G_I?

They're Test Rankings for countries, so I don't think SRT will top them in the near future.

Also, I produce Sir Don Bradman into the equation to defeat your assertion.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Look out for an update tonight (or tomorrow at the latest) to include the Bangladesh v South Africa and Sri Lanka v New Zealand series.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Updated Test Rankings: 7th May 2003

Home Rankings
1 Australia 1535
2 South Africa 1095
3 West Indies 996
4 India 975
5 +1 England 857
6 -1 Sri Lanka 851
7 New Zealand 783
8 Pakistan 593
9 Zimbabwe 345
10 Bangladesh 55

Away Rankings
1 Australia 1611
2 +1 New Zealand 1229
3 -1 South Africa 1143
4 England 1068
5 Pakistan 929
6 India 641
7 Sri Lanka 597
8 West Indies 265
9 Zimbabwe 240
10 Bangladesh 0

Overall Rankings
1 Australia 1576 (+14)
2 South Africa 1119 (-49)
3 New Zealand 993 (+28)
4 England 963 (+6)
5 India 819 (+2)
6 Pakistan 782 (-3)
7 Sri Lanka 740 (-13)
8 West Indies 609 (+1)
9 Zimbabwe 293 (-1)
10 Bangladesh 27 (-4)

Comment
No overall positional changes this time, but New Zealand close the gap on South Africa as a result of drawing rather than losing (albeit narrowly) the series in Sri Lanka, and the under-valuing of Bangladesh minor flaw in the system.

As a result of this, New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, West Indies and in particular South African and Zimbabwe are under-rated slightly at present due to their having played Bangladesh, though this will cancel out with time and is not as significant as the disparities in the ICC Table.

And the West Indies are about to press "free-fall" in the Home Tests table as their 2-2 drawn series back in 1998 is shortly to be expunged from the rankings...

Last edited: