• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India close in on England

iamdavid

International Debutant
I'm actually feeling a little nervous going into this summer. It's the first time we've been without McGrath & Warne since that 03/04 series and we know how impotent our bowling was then. Whilst i believe our attack now will be better than the 03/04 attack, i'm still nervous.

That said, our batting imo is definetly going to be stronger, and if our batsmen can get off to a good start, hopefully some of their confidence will rub off onto the bowlers, and if that happens, i doubt we'll lose a test, and i see the result being 2-0 or 3-0 to Australia.

I'm not too worried just yet, as you say bowling will be better, Johnson, Hilfenaus, Tait, Lee, Clark are better than Bracken, Williams, Bichel and half-fit Lee. Plus a couple of the Indians (mainly Laxman, who made all the difference in 03/04 for me) dont look to be the same players they were back then sadly.

Nishant

International 12th Man
I'm not too worried just yet, as you say bowling will be better, Johnson, Hilfenaus, Tait, Lee, Clark are better than Bracken, Williams, Bichel and half-fit Lee. Plus a couple of the Indians (mainly Laxman, who made all the difference in 03/04 for me) dont look to be the same players they were back then sadly.
the thing with india is that we seem to have a group of players who are doing well as a unit...i genuinely fancy us giving the aussies a run for their money...plus without McGrath and warne, i see the aussies with a bunch of lads with a lot of talent and potential...but not enough experience to destroy india. Plus...its all abt confidence...if india go into the series with a series victory over Pakistan, they really will be a handful for the aussies.