Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: India close in on England

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    That's true. I remember plenty of 4-0 predictions on CW (I actually signed up to CW during the 4th test in Sydney, but went back in the tour thread and was astounded at how confident many people were of 4-0).
    That thread was the making of CW according to quite a few good judges.

But yeah, I thought the exact same thing (this was back in t' day when I used to read pretty much all *Official* tour threads), the only person who even though India had a prayer was dear old "amits" ( ) and he was shouted down well of course.

Mind, fairly similar things were said about The Ashes 2005, at least in the educated circles rather than the rabble that drummed-up the frenzy.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Johnners's Avatar
    I'm actually feeling a little nervous going into this summer. It's the first time we've been without McGrath & Warne since that 03/04 series and we know how impotent our bowling was then. Whilst i believe our attack now will be better than the 03/04 attack, i'm still nervous.

That said, our batting imo is definetly going to be stronger, and if our batsmen can get off to a good start, hopefully some of their confidence will rub off onto the bowlers, and if that happens, i doubt we'll lose a test, and i see the result being 2-0 or 3-0 to Australia.
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

R_D
    Yeah I unfortunately get the feeling we'll cop a hiding this summer. The scheduling has a big part to play, and overall I think Australia are comfortably the more consistent team.

I can see India being quite competitive in a couple of tests, but overall I see Australia winning 2-0 or 3-0 out of the 4 tests. I hope I'm wrong obviously.
    You should have nothing to worry about..... the oman is leaving Aus during the summer.
    I won't be in Aus to watch the matches so they'll do quite well. Thats just how it was last time too.. soon as i landed back in Aus.. they copped a hiding in the ODi Finals.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    A Very Very Special series coming up from a Very Very Special man.

India to win against Australia, or atleast draw the series, you heard here first .

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Just be greatful, and don't expect too much.

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    I'm actually feeling a little nervous going into this summer. It's the first time we've been without McGrath & Warne since that 03/04 series and we know how impotent our bowling was then. Whilst i believe our attack now will be better than the 03/04 attack, i'm still nervous.

That said, our batting imo is definetly going to be stronger, and if our batsmen can get off to a good start, hopefully some of their confidence will rub off onto the bowlers, and if that happens, i doubt we'll lose a test, and i see the result being 2-0 or 3-0 to Australia.

I'm not too worried just yet, as you say bowling will be better, Johnson, Hilfenaus, Tait, Lee, Clark are better than Bracken, Williams, Bichel and half-fit Lee. Plus a couple of the Indians (mainly Laxman, who made all the difference in 03/04 for me) dont look to be the same players they were back then sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by iamdavid View Post
    I'm not too worried just yet, as you say bowling will be better, Johnson, Hilfenaus, Tait, Lee, Clark are better than Bracken, Williams, Bichel and half-fit Lee. Plus a couple of the Indians (mainly Laxman, who made all the difference in 03/04 for me) dont look to be the same players they were back then sadly.
    the thing with india is that we seem to have a group of players who are doing well as a unit...i genuinely fancy us giving the aussies a run for their money...plus without McGrath and warne, i see the aussies with a bunch of lads with a lot of talent and potential...but not enough experience to destroy india. Plus...its all abt confidence...if india go into the series with a series victory over Pakistan, they really will be a handful for the aussies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information