Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kallis considering his future

Kallis considering his future

All I can say is South African selectors were pretty darn stupid to leave one of the best Batsmen in World Cricket out of the Team. If they have any sense, they will put him back and save themselves a valuable player for SA Cricket, otherwise he sounds like he is ready to quit SA and play county Cricket or even ICL ....and I wouldn't blame him by the way SA have gone about here.

I don’t think South Africa were in any way ‘stupid’ in leaving out Kallis, their rationale for his exclusion was more than palatable. It’s just his original inclusion in the 30 man squad which was rather nonsensical. CSA should had left Kallis out of the 30, explained their reasoning for this, either one of precaution of rest, due to their hectic schedule or simply he did not fit the ethos of their 20/20 side. By including Kallis and then making him vice-captain, he was lead up the garden path and that’s probably his greater gripe.

In regard to his future, Kallis does come across from what I can gather as a fairly emotional character and comments such as ‘considering my future’ seem like words which are probably said without any time to reflect. Although, it would be rather farcical if Kallis quit South African cricket, over an omission from a tournament which many people are not taking that ‘seriously’.

Such a big story involving one of the world's best batsmen, which really has little to do with the Twenty20 World Cup, should be moved to Cricket Chat.

If Kallis gives up international cricket because of this tournament, I will dead-set boycott Twenty20 cricket for the rest of my natural life. Ridiculous situation.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

So they've not picked him for his benefit (officially) and yet he might not play again because of it? Would be madness if he wasn't put right back in the team asap.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    I don’t think South Africa were in any way ‘stupid’ in leaving out Kallis, their rationale for his exclusion was more than palatable. It’s just his original inclusion in the 30 man squad which was rather nonsensical. CSA should had left Kallis out of the 30, explained their reasoning for this, either one of precaution of rest, due to their hectic schedule or simply he did not fit the ethos of their 20/20 side. By including Kallis and then making him vice-captain, he was lead up the garden path and that’s probably his greater gripe.

In regard to his future, Kallis does come across from what I can gather as a fairly emotional character and comments such as ‘considering my future’ seem like words which are probably said without any time to reflect. Although, it would be rather farcical if Kallis quit South African cricket, over an omission from a tournament which many people are not taking that ‘seriously’.
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Such a big story involving one of the world's best batsmen, which really has little to do with the Twenty20 World Cup, should be moved to Cricket Chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If Kallis gives up international cricket because of this tournament, I will dead-set boycott Twenty20 cricket for the rest of my natural life. Ridiculous situation.
    Think that's possibly the best 3 consecutive posts in CW history (apart from when I make 3 in a row of course).
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Mate, I'll break down. I'll be in tears if Jacquesy goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Think that's possibly the best 3 consecutive posts in CW history (apart from when I make 3 in a row of course).

I genuinely laughed at that. Not because it had no chance of being true or anything, but because you had the hide to say it. And yes, I'm aware it was in jest.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Mate, I'll break down. I'll be in tears if Jacquesy goes.
    Seconded.

Boucher to face disciplinary hearing after criticising Kallis omission, making detrimental remarks about the 20/20 Championship and a couple of other offences to boot…

http://www.supercricket.co.za/defaul...cricket/sateam
    Last edited by TT Boy; 15-08-2007 at 09:46 AM.

Seriously stupid decision by South African selectors :angry:, they have insulted a great player like Kallis by dropping him from this tournament especially when its being played in South Africa.

Pinball Champion!
    Thats Kallis's fault for over reacting.. Not Twenty20's fault...

We all know that Twenty20 is the poor man's version of the game.. So by rights, Kallis should be absolutely terrible at the format.. good call by CSA..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Seriously silly of him to think about quitting in a form of the game that doesn't suit him. Besides he's got to worry about the might of the WI after.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information