• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kallis considering his future

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
No-one has ever given any indication that FFS and WTF are avoiding the filter.
why wouldn't it be? i have no problems with anyone using it but it is as much an avoidance of the filter as deliberately misspelling the word...

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Inzy, dead-set.
Couldn't care less about an award adjudged by you, tells a lot about the quality. TBF CW awards have lost their value since you became a judge there .

Oh if it was not clear, Please dont consider me for CW awards.
Shish Sanz...chill bro...chill....
Most people tend to not consider you for CW, really, but I daresay I could take the 2nd-best option here.
Don't start this again FFS, it's getting very boring.
Put yer handbags away.. Smoke a peace pipe
:laugh:

howardj

International Coach
He is not turning his back on his team, it is his board that has dropped him from 20/20 WC. It is fairly obvious that If Kallis joined ICL it wont be because of money.
He would be turning his back on his team - he'd be putting his international career at risk for the sake of what? For the sake of either some quick cash or a cheap shot at the SA set-up, which in the end will only harm his own future selection prospects.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No-one has ever given any indication that FFS and WTF are avoiding the filter.
Technically they are. I don't see a real need to enforce it in these cases though. The filter is there, generally, to stop being being overly offensive towards members, players, ideas etc - WTF and FFS aren't overly offensive and they can't be used as insults.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Couldn't care less about an award adjudged by you, tells a lot about the quality. TBF CW awards have lost their value since you became a judge there .

Oh if it was not clear, Please dont consider me for CW awards.
Wow, fire up.

Anyway, if Kallis does decide to join the ICL, which I sincerely hope he doesn't, he would be turning his back on his team and country. The South African Cricket Board excluded him from the Twenty20 World Cup, perhaps a little harsh on Kallis, but they realise how valuable he is as an ODI and Test player, so I am fairly certain his future in either of those formats is pretty well assured. Kallis is willing to throw away that just to have a go at the South African Cricket Board and perhaps to earn some money (unlikely), which IMO, is stupid and does constitute turning his back on his team.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Technically they are. I don't see a real need to enforce it in these cases though. The filter is there, generally, to stop being being overly offensive towards members, players, ideas etc - WTF and FFS aren't overly offensive and they can't be used as insults.
And no-one's ever seen need to enforce it. Hence, given that those who constitute the filter and tell people off for avoiding it don't have a problem, for me it's not really "avoiding the filter".

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Even more ridiculous..............after two hours of nail-biting and waiting to hear Bouchie's fate, for all cricket loving Saffies, they come out and announce the hearing has been postponed.
What on earth were they doing in there all that time, then?:wacko:
Heavy fine for Boucher, 60% for every game he would play in the 20/20 Championship...

http://www.supercricket.co.za/default.asp?id=226444&des=article&scat=supercricket/sateam

"CSA asked for Boucher to face a total ban from the T20 tournament but it was eventually decided that the forfeiture of a significant percentage of the player’s match fee not for a single match but over the course of the tournament would be adequate. "

8-)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harsh on Boucher, but I'm glad he wasn't stood down from the Twenty20 World Cup, even though it would have been good to see van Wyk in action. However, pretty hefty fine.