Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kallis considering his future

International 12th Man Shaggy Alfresco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Indeed, but if not for Twenty20, which I find exceedingly useless, we would not be having this problem. Kallis is my favourite player and I'm a T20IBS member, so you can see how this situation would really grind my gears.
    How can you blame Twenty/20 for this? I don't like killer bees, but I don't blame global warming on them.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    That's almost Inzy-worthy.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Alfresco View Post
    How can you blame Twenty/20 for this? I don't like killer bees, but I don't blame global warming on them.
    Because if it did not exist, we would not have this problem.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Like Matt, I was quite interested in Boucher's comments re: Twenty20. You'd think that for a big home tournament, the players would be doing everything in their power to increase the hype, not downplay it. As much as I dislike the format, I'd could imagine how CSA would be furious over that (no matter how true it is ).
    I find it interesting (TSTL), very interesting in fact. Was anyone seriously saying this about the inaugural WC in '75? (Maybe they were, I honestly don't know, I know little about the tournament other than the final)

There's also the fact that many of the SAfricans, Donald being the most vocal, said that the 2003 WC was built-up too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    The Jennings reference in the article is interesting as he was very unpopular with a number of players and those that ran the game but he was a coach that challenged players to move away from typically stoic and conservative SA cricket.

Obviously some rebelled against his ideas but he would have been good for the game in SA. Unfortunately it appears he lacked the required interpersonal skills to implement his progressive ideas successfully.
    Mark Boucher said recently that Jennings in spite of what he thought of the time had a positive effect on his career. Boucher, now 'credits' Rayís style of being rather more productive than most South African cricketers thought at the time and would openly consider. I think Rayís failure as South Africaís coach was that he challenged the hierarchy of the side, something which Mickey Arthur hasnít. Ray always favoured the 'marginalised' guys and at the time the new guys, the Andre Nelís of this world over the established figures, who he considered were chewing the fat or in the case of Graeme Smith, were fat.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    ridiculous situation..... Hope it gets sorted out. Otherwise, expecting to see Jacques and Boucher in the ICL this winter.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    ridiculous situation..... Hope it gets sorted out. Otherwise, expecting to see Jacques and Boucher in the ICL this winter.
    Even more ridiculous..............after two hours of nail-biting and waiting to hear Bouchie's fate, for all cricket loving Saffies, they come out and announce the hearing has been postponed.
    What on earth were they doing in there all that time, then?

Pinball Champion!
    Pfft, hopefully the pair of them will go and join KP at England.. And good riddance to them if thats the case.. Kallis, one of the slowest batters in the national side gets left out of a glorified slog, has a cry about it and contemplates throwing his international career away? Good luck to him, and maybe he can learn the Anthem while he is away.. Both he and Abdur Razzaq have gone down in my books heaps since throwing their toys out of the cot..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

International Vice-Captain
    The counties are lining up apparently with the chequebooks very fat,kallis is considering their offers and an offer from ICL.

Will lose all respect for the man if he signs with ICL.

International Vice-Captain
    Odds are he will retire when you look at razzak/yousaf and play s african domestic cricket then earn a huge wage to the biggest bidder as a kolpak player in england.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    He won't though. I'm almost sure of it. Setting myself up for a Greigy I know, but he won't join the ICL. It wouldn't shock me totally if he retired from international cricket and signed for a county, but I don't really think he'll do that either.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Why ? Did you lose respect for all players that signed up for Packer ?

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He won't though. I'm almost sure of it. Setting myself up for a Greigy I know, but he won't join the ICL. It wouldn't shock me totally if he retired from international cricket and signed for a county, but I don't really think he'll do that either.
    hope you are right.. It's one thing when a bit part player goes off to earn some more cash, another when it's the best all rounder in the world..

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Why ? Did you lose respect for all players that signed up for Packer ?
    Don't think many on here were around 30 years ago tbh, but Packer caused a lot of bad feeling at the time. I wrote a school essay about it and got to read it out to the class. I was certainly 'anti' at the time (aged 14), but I've come round to the WSC players' viewpoint a little more over the years.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information