• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future Indian Test Team

Better Team

• Total voters

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry for the strange nature of this post but me and my brother were having an arguement as to which is the better future indian team, please vote and continue discussion in this thread as to who will be in your future (5 years or so) Indian team for tests.

Team 1

Sehwag
Karthik
Laxman
Raina
Yuvraj
Pathan
Dhoni
Chawla
Sreesanth
Munaf
Zaheer

Team 2

Sehwag
Karthik
Gambhir
Tiwary
Badrinath
Raina
Dhoni
Chawla
Harbhajan Singh
Munaf Patel
Sreesanth

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I must apologise for some of the specifics here, this thread was made quickly by my brother, but rest assured, I did make one of those teams.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sorry for the strange nature of this post but me and my brother were having an arguement as to which is the better future indian team, please vote and continue discussion in this thread as to who will be in your future (5 years or so) Indian team for tests.

Team 1

Sehwag
Karthik
Laxman
Raina
Yuvraj
Pathan
Dhoni
Chawla
Sreesanth
Munaf
Zaheer

Team 2

Sehwag
Karthik
Gambhir
Tiwary
Badrinath
Raina
Dhoni
Chawla
Harbhajan Singh
Munaf Patel
Sreesanth
Bit confusing, TBH - Laxman I doubt will be around for more than about another 3 or 4 years - the rest seem to be potentially playing for another 10 or so (Zaheer Khan excepted).

I don't really know enough about certain of the players (especially batsmen) TBH though, so will have to abstain from the vote. :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
There will be at least two players we've not heard of in the side by 2012.

Look back to 2002: who had heard of Sreesanth, Karthik, Munaf, RP Singh, Chawla...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pathan at six is asking for trouble. If he sorts his bowling out, he could be an ideal #7 that allows India to go in with 3 seam - 2 spin or 4 seam - 1 spin attack.

If Dhoni's batting has declined to the point of being worse than Pathan's, then he really shouldn't be in the side, unless he somehow starts channeling Alan Knott behind the stumps.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There will be at least two players we've not heard of in the side by 2012.

Look back to 2002: who had heard of Sreesanth, Karthik, Munaf, RP Singh, Chawla...
Well Chawla was 12 at the time... :unsure:

And Karthik wasn't yet in the picture, but Parthiv was... :wacko:

JBMAC

State Captain
IMPO V.V.S.Laxman is a very underated Cricketer...maybe he will be one of those players who will peak and do sensational things towards the end of his career. I certainly hope so.