• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Pakistan vs All Time India

allout

Cricket Spectator
A ODI cricket series is going to be played between All Time Pakistan XI and All Time India XI.
Your teams will be?
My Pakistan XI is
AT Pakistan
1. Saeed Anwar
2. Aamir Sohail
3. Muhammad Yousuf
4. Inzamam Ul Haq
5. Javed Miandad
6. Shahid Afridi- (AR)
7. Moin Khan-(wk)
8. Imran Khan (cap)
9. Wasim Akram
10. Waqar Younis
11. Saqulain Mushtaq
12. Zaheer Abbas
Your All Time Indis XI and Pakistani XI as well.​

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
ODI? Not sure. Tests, Pakistan fairly comfortably.
Considering that India did fairly well in tests against Pakistan of 80s when they probably had their best team ever, I dont think it will be that comfortable for Pakistan in tests. IMO it will be even.

Whereas in ODIs Pakistan were the far superior to us for most of 80s, 90s and early 2000s, so In ODIs Pak comfortable, in tests even.

pskov

International 12th Man
In ODI format:

Pakistan

Saeed Anwar
Aamer Sohail
Zaheer Abbas
Javed Miandad
Inzamam ul-Haq
Imran Khan*
Moin Khan+
Wasim Akram
Shoaib Ahktar
Waqar Younis
Saqlain Mushtaq

12th Man: Mohammed Yousuf

India

Sachin Tendulkar
Sunil Gavaskar
Sourav Ganguly*
Dilip Vengsarkar
Rahul Dravid
MS Dhoni+
Kapil Dev
Irfan Pathan
Ajit Agarkar
Anil Kumble
Zaheer Khan

12th Man: Ravi Shastri

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
In ODI format:

Pakistan

Saeed Anwar
Aamer Sohail
Zaheer Abbas
Javed Miandad
Inzamam ul-Haq
Imran Khan*
Moin Khan+
Wasim Akram
Shoaib Ahktar
Waqar Younis
Saqlain Mushtaq

India

Sachin Tendulkar
Sunil Gavaskar
Sourav Ganguly*
Dilip Vengsarkar
Rahul Dravid
MS Dhoni+
Kapil Dev
Irfan Pathan
Ajit Agarkar

Anil Kumble
Zaheer Khan

Sorry, couldn't resist. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

haroon510

International 12th Man
i would say pakistan just for the reason because india never had bowling line up in caliber of Imran, wasim, Waqar and shoaib.

India's batting offcourse the strongest ever but thier all time bowling department doesn't impress me at all....

Majin

International Debutant
If the pitch was a turner, then India might be in with a shout. If it was anything else, they wouldn't come even close to matching the firepower in the Pakistani bowling lineup so it'd be Pakistan fairly comfortably.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
In ODI format:

Pakistan

Saeed Anwar
Aamer Sohail
Zaheer Abbas
Javed Miandad
Inzamam ul-Haq
Imran Khan*
Moin Khan+
Wasim Akram
Shoaib Ahktar
Waqar Younis
Saqlain Mushtaq

India

Sachin Tendulkar
Sunil Gavaskar
Sourav Ganguly*
Dilip Vengsarkar
Rahul Dravid
MS Dhoni+
Kapil Dev
Irfan Pathan
Ajit Agarkar
Anil Kumble
Zaheer Khan

Debatable selection here, from what i've gathered Gavaskar wasn't & isn't rated that highly as on ODI opener, Pathan hmm not sure if he is good enough for an All-time side TBH names like Roger Binny or Manoj Prabakar (spell check) would probably be better options & Khan don't think you could have him above Srinath.

archie mac

International Coach
In Tests, I think the pitch would have a huge say in the outcome, with India having the best spinners and Pakistan having the best pace bowlers:)

In ODI, don't care tbh8-)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni is an obvious selection. Pathan and Agarkar are interesting selections but certainly not unthinkable.
Dhoni is an obvious selection ahead of guys like Kirmani, Engineer etc ?

And if Pathan/Agarkar make an all time Indian team then I would say even Zimbabwe's all time would beat us.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
In an ODI team, I think so, which is what pskov posted. I don't think anyone is saying Dhoni should be an obvious selection in an all-time Indian Test XI, or even that he should be a contender...

Beleg

International Regular
in ODI's

Anwar
Inzamam
Zaheer
Yousuf
Miandad
Imran
Moin
Wasim
Saqlain
Waqar
Shoaib

vs.

Tendulkar
Ganguly
Sidhu
Dravid
Azhar
Jadeja
Dhoni
Kapil
Kumble
Srinath
Parsad

I'd back Pakistani's to win most of the games, to be honest.

Beleg

International Regular
Inspite of limited chances, his record as an opener is fairly good. But more importantly, I think he wasted himself batting at number four for most of his career. I can remember him getting caught in the slips/keeper of a moving ball about twice. He's one of the best backfoot players in the game and the lateness with which he plays the ball ensures that he has more time to adjust to the swing of the ball. Of course, his tendency to fall over while negotiating inswing - the catalyst of his downfall on uncountable occasions - might speak against him but opening bowlers in general rely on outswing to get the batsmen and I am confident that Inzamam would have been able to negotiate it better than pretty much any opener who played for Pakistan during our ODI cricketing history.

Sanz,

Yes, ODI's.

adharcric

International Coach
Definitely.
Sanz said:
And if Pathan/Agarkar make an all time Indian team then I would say even Zimbabwe's all time would beat us.
Well, I wouldn't have them in my all-time ODI XI either. They are contenders though, at least if you go by stats alone. Zaheer-Srinath-Kapil-Kumble, what do you think?