• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do any of you (honestly) walk?

Do you walk?

• Yes I do, whatever the situation!

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Only if the pressure is off!

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Never, the Umpire is there to make the decision!

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tamara said:
Until now I have always walked, but during the under 21 tournament the last couple of days i have haad 2 aweful desicions go against me so i am starting to think that they all even out in the end.

Both desicions were caught behind.. one that the ball hit my pad, and the other one was when the bat hit the pad but was well away from the ball.

Umpires make mistakes both ways but then in the end, i would feel bad if i didn't walk
I bet you've never been given out run out because you didn't pass the stumps (what a lame umpire) rather than the bowling crease...and LBW when I hit a ball into my leg...:rolleyes:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Ive been given out lbw by a ball pitching miles outside leg, but apart from that ive been lucky with the Umpire.
Ive umpired as well, and its one of the worst experiences ive ever had, honestly! cant beleieve people do it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
It's one of the worst experiences I've ever had, honestly! Can't believe people do it.
Probably the same reason we referee football... love of the game and total inability to play :) that or we're insane.

Actually, it feels great when you know that you've played your part in a great match, or made a really good call on an offside or advantage clause :)

That, and there's always the dream of rising up through the ranks...

hourn

U19 Cricketer
I never walk.

I'm a number 11 batsmen and probably one of the worst batsmen in Sydney Grade Cricket :p

if the umpire gives not out i'm taking every chancei can.