• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Domestic Season 2007-08

adharcric

International Coach
October 6: Irani Trophy (Rajkot)
October 24 - 27: Challenger Trophy (Ahmedabad)
November 3 - January 20: Ranji Trophy
January 26 - February 21: Duleep Trophy
February - March: Ranji Trophy One-Day Tournament
March - April: Deodhar Trophy
April: Inter State Twenty-20 Tournament

Good to see the Duleep Trophy sensibly placed after the Ranji Trophy this season.

The points system has changed somewhat: 5 points for victory, bonus point for innings victory, 3 points for first innings lead and 1 point for first innings deficit.

adharcric

International Coach
RP Singh is set to play county cricket in the upcoming months. Munaf Patel and Suresh Raina, both having recovered from injury, are looking for stints in England as well.

Manoj Tiwary should be recovering as well.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Do Orrissa have a chance of winning anything this year?
Probably not, since they got promoted last year and don't really have the firepower to make any impression in the Elite League. The bowling last year was very reliant on Mohanty and Satpathy - both medium-pacers.

brockley

International Captain
Who will be the foreign side in the duleep trophy this year,bout time they got an aussie side to play.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
RP Singh is set to play county cricket in the upcoming months. Munaf Patel and Suresh Raina, both having recovered from injury, are looking for stints in England as well.

Manoj Tiwary should be recovering as well.
Munaf won't be playing for Worcestershire considering the season is almost over. He was only going to play if he wasn't selected for the England ODIs, but he was. Manoj Tiwary's expected full recovery should have occured this month too.

If it is not too much trouble can someone tell me the rough setup. Who are the Man U and Chelsea's and who are the Sunderlands and at which teams are all the stars and upcoming youths.

adharcric

International Coach
Bengal is the only side I am concerned about after the ICL exodus. Das, Jhunjhunwala, Dasgupta and Shukla - ouch. Does anyone know if the ICL and Ranji schedules conflict?

Rayudu and Jhunjhunwala are the only genuine national prospects (IMO) that have signed on with the ICL. On another note, Bengal has several under-19 prospects who should be on the brink of state selection. Let's see how this shapes out.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A little off subject I know, but can anybody tell me anything about Yashpal Singh?. He has a fantastic domestic record, while he has been a little inconsistent I've been curious as to why he hasn't really been able to prove himself at a higher level. The few times he has played for North Zone have been fairly successful, I suppose the fact he plays in Group B of the Ranji Trophy has something to do with it?

adharcric

International Coach
Good question. Yashpal's FC average is probably inflated by Plate League competition but he has certainly shown that he can score in Duleep Trophy matches as well. This is probably another case of coming from a small market and not being noticed (unlike Dhoni, for example). Certainly plausible considering his ICL signing.

Jungle Jumbo

It's also harder for North Zone players to break into the international setup due to having a selector from each region - there is much more talent in the north than, say, the east.

Jungle Jumbo

Usual corporate event I think, played every year. Interesting to see how some of the younger names are going though.

adharcric

International Coach
The under-19 stalwart Ajinkya Rahane put on a mammoth opening partnership with another young prospect, Sahil Kukreja, to take Mumbai to 325 for 3 on the opening day of the Nissar Trophy. Among others, Anwar Ali, Hasan Raza, Asim Kamal, Vinit Indulkar, Omkar Gurav and Avishkar Salvi are playing in this match.

adharcric

International Coach
Mumbai looking well poised for a big victory.
Not really. The pitch is reportedly a flat one so we could be headed for a draw. I'm not sure what the Mumbai batsmen are doing right now - they already have enough on the board and the run rate should have crossed 4 by now.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Saw bits of it on telly the groundsman has done an 'Antigua', expect a high scoring draw, my only source of interest in this game is KU opener Asif Zakir my long time mate as we grew up in the same neighborhood.

Jungle Jumbo

Looks like the game will be decided in the morning session tomorrow: either Mumbai take wickets and it's game on or Karachi Urban just score runs and it's game over.