Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Ricky Ponting Bats on the AFL Footy Show

Ricky Ponting Bats on the AFL Footy Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwcS2aYPssE

Check this out Must see. Ricky Ponting appears on the footy show and bats. AFL players bowl to him. There fair pace too.

Check it out Must see
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Yeah, as I mentioned in an earlier thread, he looked none too pleased given he wasn't wearing much, if any, protective gear, hadn't touched a bat in three months by his own admission, and then they were trying to take his head off!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    And Brown was a very promising cricketer in his younger days opened the bowling in first grade at about 17 I believe.
    But still, even wearing a suit and not having batted in 3 months, amazing how ordinary the best batsman in the world can look against a bunch of jokers.

Not making excuses for Ponting, but Brayshaw said something later about how he'd also found it very difficult to pick up the ball out of the hand against the dark background with the lighting they had set up, so Punter was probably on a hiding to nothing...

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iamdavid View Post
    And Brown was a very promising cricketer in his younger days opened the bowling in first grade at about 17 I believe.
    But still, even wearing a suit and not having batted in 3 months, amazing how ordinary the best batsman in the world can look against a bunch of jokers.
    For Ponting's sake, I hope not!
    Fred Tetanus likes this.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Why not? They'd been hard at it for the best part of a year by the end of the World Cup, and they're playing something like (off the top of my head) 18 Tests, plus a swag of ODIs and a er um, very worthwhile, 20Twenty World Cup in 12 months from September. He might as well take a good break before resuming training a month or two out from the 20Twenty thingy.

The big challenge for the Aussie team over the next period will be keeping their best team consistently on the park...

I don't expect him to be in full-on training but you can't be a professional cricketer and go 3 full months without once picking-up a bat IMO. Totally laissez-faire.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

I guess its a personal thing in the end, and I reckon Ponting knows what he needs to do to have himself right. If he felt he needed the break, then its good he's had it. He might be rusty for a little while, but the mental rejuvenation is probably at least as important in his case...

Jono Brown was a gun cricketer when he was younger actually, so no surprise that given Ponting had no equipment on, and Brown was literally bowling it out of a huge set of lights, that he troubled Ricky.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    I guess its a personal thing in the end, and I reckon Ponting knows what he needs to do to have himself right. If he felt he needed the break, then its good he's had it. He might be rusty for a little while, but the mental rejuvenation is probably at least as important in his case...
    Hmm, he might think he knows what's best and he might (as we almost all do) think "ah, got aaaaaaaaaages off, don't need to worry too much yet..." and that "yet" drags on.

It's fine to have 3 weeks or so off from batting, but after that, IMO you should make sure you grab your bat and a bowling-machine and have one or two hits a week without fail.

And it's even more important for a bowler to keep bowling.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Johnners's Avatar
    I assume you know what Ponting is required to do training wise from your extensive Domestic & International career?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

I have heard what people like Errol Hunte say about the matter, y'know.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Breakout Champion!
    Struggled against McVeigh, too, did Ricky. World's best batsman my arse.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Everyone is different in what they need to get ready. If Ponting thought he needed a break, he is experienced enough to know what he needs to do to get ready. If he starts playing in the next match and looks rusty, then we can have a go at him.

He is far and away the best batsman in the world, I think he knows enough to realize what he needs to do. Mental rejuvination in international cricket is at least as important as being physically there. And being in the fantastic physical shape Ponting is in, I wouldn't really worry about it if I was Australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Brown's the big fella who bowled first up? Definitely looks to have something about him. Height & a bit of pace too. Probably one of those hateful gets who're brilliant at anything they turn their hand to.

Who's Punter's AFL team, btw?
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information