• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rahul Dravids consistency?

dass

Banned
Has Rahul Dravid ever missed a game of cricket in the last 11 years? i am not talking about oneday, only tests.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Yes, just the one. 112 out of 113 Tests, quite remarkable.
unbelievable if u ask me TBH! He has been great for indian cricket over the years. Anyway...when i first saw the title, i thought there was gonna be a crack at Dravid for his lack of runs lately and his inability to score 100s etc etc.....

adharcric

International Coach
Dravid is awesome and consistent but this is really not a big deal. Batsmen rarely get injured in cricket (and there is little reason for them to) and cricket is not a day-in, day-out sport that requires extreme conditioning by any means. Cal Ripken's feat in baseball is far more impressive, for example.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dravid is awesome and consistent but this is really not a big deal. Batsmen rarely get injured in cricket (and there is little reason for them to) and cricket is not a day-in, day-out sport that requires extreme conditioning by any means.
So why do so few batsmen play loads of Tests in unbroken or nearly-unbroken spells then? :dontgetit

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid is awesome and consistent but this is really not a big deal. Batsmen rarely get injured in cricket (and there is little reason for them to) and cricket is not a day-in, day-out sport that requires extreme conditioning by any means. Cal Ripken's feat in baseball is far more impressive, for example.
8-)

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
So why do so few batsmen play loads of Tests in unbroken or nearly-unbroken spells then? :dontgetit
Was going to say the same thing.

Tendulkar would have started in about 170 Tests if such was so.

Obviously there are some exceptions, Gilchrist and maybe Ponting come to mind, but other than that, I can't recall many 'consistent' cricketers.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Mark Waugh played alot of tests on the trot, more than 100 if I'm not mistaken.

As for Adam Goodes thats amazing lol, fair enough a cricketer who chases a little leather ball round all day, but for someone playing a heavy contact sport which has such a high injury rate thats exceptional.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
KP gunna break all records......he hasnt missed any Test..yet..N' played 30 Tests.....jus in d space ov 2 years......has any other cricket skored 2500 runs in d first 2 years ov his career???