• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gangulys comeback?

dass

Banned
actually this was not the first ganguly made his comeback, he acutally played in 1991 but he was dropped for 5 years, he made a great comeback in 1996.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
actually this was not the first ganguly made his comeback, he acutally played in 1991 but he was dropped for 5 years, he made a great comeback in 1996.
Bradman's comeback wasn't too shabby either. Averaged over 100 after he made it! :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No comeback can surpass the likes of Michael Vaughan and Reon King IMO.

Mind, Ganguly's does certainly come close and it's been a delight to behold TBH.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yep, Thorpe's gave me massive pleasure too TBH. Possibly overcoming what he did is an even greater achievement than overcoming injury, actually.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
DK Lillee, a lot of good judges said he'd never bowl fast again after his crippling back injury in '73. Turned out he did. Reasonably well, too.

DaViet

Cricket Spectator
Reon King came back!? When? Where?
I hope you're not mentioning the series in Australia.

I still reckon Reon should be in the 1st team more often, he's better than daren powell!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Its been amazing. My respect for Sourav has definitely gone up considering the way he's handled himself since his return. He showed signs in South Africa in December and just kicked on from there.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Its been amazing. My respect for Sourav has definitely gone up considering the way he's handled himself since his return. He showed signs in South Africa in December and just kicked on from there.
Sourav is an amazing cricketer and as Jono said the respect has gone up.
Agreed. I didn't like the fact that Ganguly was back in the team, but he's proven me wrong and looks like he could go a couple more years. Fair play to him, it's great to see.

adharcric

International Coach
Can't say much more than what has already been said. The impressive aspect of Ganguly's comeback is that he has made consistent contributions in difficult conditions, not necessarily something you would expect from the Ganguly of old. Both Zaheer and Ganguly are perfect examples for Indian cricket of how holding national stars accountable and even dropping them (really, it's not such a big deal in Australia) when appropriate can do so much good for both the player and the team.

pasag

RTDAS
Ganguly to retire after this Test imo, just a hunch. Agree with the sentiments here though, there is absolutely nothing better in sport than a good comeback and this is definitely one of the better ones in recent times.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
it has been a good comeback. And the signs, esp. in this England tour, are great. He seems to be taking more responsibility which was evident in the way he was getting Karthik through that sledgegate at Lords....