• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussie World Cup Squad

V Reddy

International Debutant
AUS doesn't require a big innings from Watson. He is expected to score some quick runs in the last overs which i think Harvey and Symonds do better than him.

Eclipse

International Debutant
vishnureddy said:
AUS doesn't require a big innings from Watson. He is expected to score some quick runs in the last overs which i think Harvey and Symonds do better than him.
No your wrong we need an allrounder who can actualy bat when the pressure is on like Watson did with his 77* erlyer this year.

Symmonds and Harvey both never played a good innings once when the team actualy needed it. also Watson is pritty decent Hitter when he decides to go I mean not many batsman can clear the straigh boundry at the Adelade ovel by more than 5 meaters and Watson did it 3 times in a OD match.

Also If Watson has any talent at all you can trust me he will make the most of it he probably works harder on his game than any other player in the Australian squad thats pritty impresive for a 21 year old.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
Watson is good, so what if he gets hit occasionally, BUT HE DOES NOT GO FOR MANY WHEN THE OTHER TEAMS ARE IN TROUBLE
That's not entirely true.

He's only really had 2 innings in ODI when he's bowled tightly.

3-13 off 7 and a bit overs against Kenya and 10 overs for 26 against Pakistan.

The rest of his performances have been average or worse, and he currently averages 56.42 against Test playing Nations with the ball, at a run rate of just under 5 per over.

So far he's done nothing with the ball that makes him stand out as a great talent to me.

And his State one day figures are worse than his National ones!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:

I think the activities of a certain forum member led us to thinking Blewett ought to be in the squad... though picking Hogg & Symonds seems to be a touch surprising if there are a couple of injuries to the bowling department.
Yeah Neil why did u try and convince everyone he was a certainty????

But Seriously
Just look at the bowling figures from last nights game...

Symonds bowled like a park cricketer and Blewy bowled well...

V Reddy

International Debutant
Also why has Symonds changed to off spin. He used to pick up a lot of wickets with medium pace.