Thread: Aussie World Cup Squad

Rik
    Originally posted by marc71178
    Which forum member would that be?

Come on, own up!
    I'm taking bets now
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Maybe you are talking about me. I still think Blewett is a better bowler than Watson at the moment atleast in International cricket and he is bowling regularly this season. Watson bowls most of the time when the other side is in big trouble and playing to survive the 50 overs and still he goes at 5 an over. I still don't know why Harvey was dropped when he just beginning to bowl well in International Cricket. My order of allrounders of AUS will be Harvey,Symonds,Blewett and Watson.

U19 Cricketer
    Originally posted by vishnureddy
    Maybe you are talking about me. I still think Blewett is a better bowler than Watson at the moment atleast in International cricket and he is bowling regularly this season. Watson bowls most of the time when the other side is in big trouble and playing to survive the 50 overs and still he goes at 5 an over. I still don't know why Harvey was dropped when he just beginning to bowl well in International Cricket. My order of allrounders of AUS will be Harvey,Symonds,Blewett and Watson.

Harvey was the most overrated player, someone to have been described as the best oneday bowler in the game ( by Waugh) was hardly that impressive with the ball, nor was he that good with the bat.Symonds isn't much of a bowler , but he can bat and is a superb fielder.Watson is a the best among them all, his oneday bowling stats might not be great, but he has all the potential to develop into a fine allrounder.

I agree that he is the most talented of them all. But there are many talented players in the world who have failed. If you go by talent then Laxman should not be dropped at all.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Watson is good, so what if he gets hit occasionally, BUT HE DOES NOT GO FOR MANY WHEN THE OTHER TEAMS ARE IN TROUBLE

also, at least he can bat unlike Harvey and Symonds
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

AUS doesn't require a big innings from Watson. He is expected to score some quick runs in the last overs which i think Harvey and Symonds do better than him.

Originally posted by vishnureddy
    AUS doesn't require a big innings from Watson. He is expected to score some quick runs in the last overs which i think Harvey and Symonds do better than him.
    No your wrong we need an allrounder who can actualy bat when the pressure is on like Watson did with his 77* erlyer this year.

Symmonds and Harvey both never played a good innings once when the team actualy needed it. also Watson is pritty decent Hitter when he decides to go I mean not many batsman can clear the straigh boundry at the Adelade ovel by more than 5 meaters and Watson did it 3 times in a OD match.

Also If Watson has any talent at all you can trust me he will make the most of it he probably works harder on his game than any other player in the Australian squad thats pritty impresive for a 21 year old.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by age_master
    Watson is good, so what if he gets hit occasionally, BUT HE DOES NOT GO FOR MANY WHEN THE OTHER TEAMS ARE IN TROUBLE
    That's not entirely true.

He's only really had 2 innings in ODI when he's bowled tightly.

3-13 off 7 and a bit overs against Kenya and 10 overs for 26 against Pakistan.

The rest of his performances have been average or worse, and he currently averages 56.42 against Test playing Nations with the ball, at a run rate of just under 5 per over.

So far he's done nothing with the ball that makes him stand out as a great talent to me.

And his State one day figures are worse than his National ones!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Originally posted by Neil Pickup

I think the activities of a certain forum member led us to thinking Blewett ought to be in the squad... though picking Hogg & Symonds seems to be a touch surprising if there are a couple of injuries to the bowling department.
    Yeah Neil why did u try and convince everyone he was a certainty????

But Seriously
    Just look at the bowling figures from last nights game...

Symonds bowled like a park cricketer and Blewy bowled well...

Also why has Symonds changed to off spin. He used to pick up a lot of wickets with medium pace.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    symonds should not have been picked they would have been better off picking steve wuagh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information