• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Darren Gough

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Has apparently been told that he will be fit to start bowling again in March, and he has no intention of playing for any county other than Yorkshire.

How I'd love to see him in an England shirt playing the 2 African Nations next summer!

Andre

International Regular
I'd say for the good of cricket we'd all love to see him out here in Australia, along with Jones, Thorpe and Giles. Now those guys would have made a REAL Differance in today's Test.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In one way yes, but without those injuries I don't think we'd have found Harmison for a while, and that is a major plus!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
In one way yes, but without those injuries I don't think we'd have found Harmison for a while, and that is a major plus!
Add Jones when he gets fit, and maybe give Anderson a go! Doing well in the ODI team usually heralds a chance with the Test Team these days.

Rich2001

International Captain
Yep Marc I saw that interview and to add to your comment, he said if all is well and no more setbacks come up, he hopes to play for at least another 3 years :)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My opinion? I don't think we'll see Gough in the Test side anytime soon and if we do, I don't think he'll be half the bowler he was. He'll certainly have to drop in pace somewhat. When your knees start to go, well that's the death knell as a fast bowler as they're the shock absorbers of the bowling action.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
sasnoz said:
hope he does well hes a real nice guy
Well he's certainly "one of the lads" and he lifts the dressing room. It will be great to have him back.

Last edited:

Bazza

International 12th Man
Wow I'd love to see Gough in full flow again. I'm still sceptical, but what I'd give just for one more series (South Africa?) at the top. He destroyed them in 1998 (Gerry Leibenberg anyone?? :lol: ), be great to see that again. Fingers crossed guys...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bazzaroodoo said:
Wow I'd love to see Gough in full flow again. I'm still sceptical, but what I'd give just for one more series (South Africa?) at the top. He destroyed them in 1998 (Gerry Leibenberg anyone?? :lol: ), be great to see that again. Fingers crossed guys...
Well he's a guy you can allways rely on to give his best, unlike a certain Andy Caddick...:!(

Langeveldt

Soutie
Bazzaroodoo said:
Gerry Liebenberg was unlucky!! :( :( :(