• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dinanath Ramnarine

masterblaster

International Captain
Just want to ask some of our West Indian friends here, whatever happened to Dinanath Ramnarine?? To me he is a good spinner with an impressive FC and Test Match record, and is a greater turner of the ball than Nagamootoo, so why cannot Ramnarine get into any WI squad?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ramnarine is good enough to play Test Cricket and should be playing Test Cricket. The reason why Nagamootoo keeps being played is because he can bat. This is understandable in ODI's but in essence, they are really robbing a talented player of prospectful, successful career.

IMO he definitely should play against Australia if fit.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Nagamootoo has a lot more talent with the bat but an average of 50 odd with the ball in both Tests and ODIs and not exactly impressive performances against Bangladesh are rather odd reasons to deny Ramnarine a go.

Orin

School Boy/Girl Captain
The reason they picked Naga is because he preformed well in 2002 regional FC tournament where he scalped 50 wickets in 13 matches I think.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Orin said:
The reason they picked Naga is because he preformed well in 2002 regional FC tournament where he scalped 50 wickets in 13 matches I think.
Yeah I understand that, but why keep picking him if he keeps failing?

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Ramnarine had an injury which prevented him from competing in the Indian series in the WIs, strangely enough he fell out of favour with him and they decided to go out with Nagamootoo and Breese who both can bat a bit, Breese being an off-spinner got the nod and because the Indians had a reputation of murdering attacking Leggies on home pitches...

About the man himself I think in tests he is he best WI spinner but IMO he isn't as good in the ODI version...

Mr Mxyzptlk

R_Powell_fan said:
Ramnarine had an injury which prevented him from competing in the Indian series in the WIs
Ramnarine was fit when India was in West Indies. He played the Busta Cup.

He was most certainly fit to go to India so either way, there's no excuse.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Orin said:
One word - Hick.