Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Same Old Shoaib

Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    i don't think afridi gets in to these kind of conterversies very often..last time he was in trouble was in South Africa.. he did that cuz someone said something bad about his country.. hell if someone says anything about my country... i would beat the hell out of that person too.. afridi has alot of talent and so Shoaib. pakistan needs both of them if they wana win The twenty 20 cup..
    Pakistan needs both of these cricketers period.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    i don't think afridi gets in to these kind of conterversies very often..last time he was in trouble was in South Africa.. he did that cuz someone said something bad about his country.. hell if someone says anything about my country... i would beat the hell out of that person too.. afridi has alot of talent and so Shoaib. pakistan needs both of them if they wana win The twenty 20 cup..
    Afridi has a bit of talent with one thing - bowling quickish not-much-spinners. And lots of talent for throwing his wicket away.

IMO, Pakistan cricket of the last 10 years would have been better off without him. No-one, even Shoaib Akhtar, has better epitomised the volatile nature of things. Afridi is rarely out of trouble if truth be told, be it external or internal. He has an overblown idea of his own ability and seems perennially to think he's a more important player than he is. He's never been anything more than a bit-part player.

Shoaib, on the other hand, has always possessed some serious talents, but has also always lacked some other things crucial to success, most notably the ability to stay fit and to keep a level head. Many times I've thought "has he turned the corner?" Every time, the answer's been "no" and I've ceased to believe such a thing is possible a while ago.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Pakistan needs both of these cricketers period.
    Excellent !!
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

KARACHI: National cricket officials have been trying to trace enigmatic fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar but so far all their efforts have gone in vain.

A Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) official told this correspondent on Thursday that he tried to locate Shoaib but the player remains elusive, a day after he was fined over indiscipline.

“We have been trying to trace Shoaib but he has just disappeared,” Shafqat Naghmi, PCB’s Chief Operating Officer said.

Naghmi said that Zakir Khan, the Board’s Director of Operations, also tried to get in touch with Shoaib but failed.

The PCB official said that Shoaib is a part of the Pakistan team for next month’s Twenty20 World Cup and the Board expects him to play in the tournament.

Meanwhile, PCB chief Nasim Ashraf has defended the Board’s decision to fine Shoaib after the bowler left the national training camp in Karachi without informing team manager Talat Ali.

thenews.com.pk

Cricket Spectator
    he's around 32 isnt he? maybe he's secretly working on a new action and run up with his mate asif so he can bowl like mcgrath

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    KARACHI: National cricket officials have been trying to trace enigmatic fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar but so far all their efforts have gone in vain.

A Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) official told this correspondent on Thursday that he tried to locate Shoaib but the player remains elusive, a day after he was fined over indiscipline.

“We have been trying to trace Shoaib but he has just disappeared,” Shafqat Naghmi, PCB’s Chief Operating Officer said.

Naghmi said that Zakir Khan, the Board’s Director of Operations, also tried to get in touch with Shoaib but failed.

The PCB official said that Shoaib is a part of the Pakistan team for next month’s Twenty20 World Cup and the Board expects him to play in the tournament.

Meanwhile, PCB chief Nasim Ashraf has defended the Board’s decision to fine Shoaib after the bowler left the national training camp in Karachi without informing team manager Talat Ali.

thenews.com.pk
    I would be surprised, but then again, I thought not.

R_D
    It just keeps getting better with Shoaib doesn't it.

Awesome. I hope they don't find him.

And if it weren't so true, you'd laugh even more...

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Awesome. I hope they don't find him.
    Steady customer of the anti-shoaib threads !!
    huh huh

TBF, dude, your defending him is more predictable than Fusion's bagging of him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information