• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 30 Jul - 5 Aug

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Congratulations to the following:

Matteh - 13000 posts
jot1 - 1000 posts
1-9-7-7 - 1000 posts

The CW Awards Team

alternative (Milestones)
archie mac (Warne & Gatting-v-Rana)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, Inzamam, Saj, Sobers & Bradman)
adharcric (Afridi & Hussey)
oz_fan (Tony Greig & Marsh-Lillee)
Prince EWS (Jimmy Adams & Agarkar/Mohammed)
HeathDavisSpeed (FIAB)
Position vacant (Skull)

If you are celebrating a “posts milestone” and would like a mention please contact Manju at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com. All Awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

I'd like to introduce another Award, the Jeff Thomson Award for "whooooooooosh", but it won't be possible unless someone volunteers to judge it. We also need someone to judge the Skull, which is one of the most popular Awards and badly requires a new judge ASAP.

Best Of The Best

The Shahid Afridi Award (Best post of the week)
Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long to be great viewing.
And the Winner is: Burgey for this, pretty much said it all in that post.

The Shane Warne Award (Best thread of the week)
Like his bowling it must be interesting, but just like his private life it can also be controversial.
And the Winner is: allout for this, an original idea, hope it takes-off!

The Skull Award (Funniest post of the week)
Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious.
And the Winner is: no Award this week, no judge - if you want to see this Award continue, please apply to judge it.

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week)
The true all-rounder of CW, you must be able to contribute to a number of threads.
And the Winner is: stumpski, has always been good value but so often posts so sadly rarely, has been terrific to have him around a bit more of late. Long may it continue.

The Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week)
Will he ever live down that ‘I intend to make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies in ‘76?
And the Winner is: no Award this week.

The Inzamam Award (Vaguest post of the week)
We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows.
And the Winner is: no Award this week, I apologise I've been a bit busy and haven't read the forum as much as usual this week. Please tell me if there's something I've missed and I (or some kind Mod if it's too late) will edit it in.

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week)
We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie.
And the Winner is: no Award this week, has been a pretty quiet one with little cricket on.

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week)
Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria.
And the Winner is: Matt79, by popular demand. :cool:

The Agarkar/Mohammed Award ('At least they’re trying' award)
Just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them.
And the Winner is: Cameron-Moss, specifically with this in mind.

The Mike Hussey Award (Best newcomer of recent times [less then 500 posts])
Not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket”.
And the Winner is: no Award this week.

The Gatting-vs-Rana Award (Best debate of the week)
And the winners are: no Award this week.

The Saj Award (Best rant of the week)
Following Saj's outburst after the Third Ashes Test 2006\07, and no Saj, we didn't know what you were doing out there either, it was a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves.
And the Winner is: no Award this week, same as Inzamam Award applies.

The Marsh-Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week)
They took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost.
And the Winner is: Manee for this, I think we were most of us hoping it, he had the courage to go for a big prediction, and this time he got it right.

The Jimmy Adams Award (Best stating-the-obvious post of the week)
After Jimmy's commentary performance with Sky on the England-West Indies series in 2007, where he repeatedly offered a perfect description of exactly what we'd just seen on the screen.
And the Winner is: some blithering idiot for this. :dry:

The FIAB Award (Most random and completely out-of-place post of the week)
Just like Paul "Frog In A Blender" Adams, very bizarre and invoking the sentiments "haha, what on Earth?"
And the Winner is: pietersenrocks for this; the reasons are twofold. Firstly, nominating Saqlain Mushtaq as a possible "good English leg-spinner" (being a Pakistani off-spinner) and secondly for the "contraction" of the word "of" into "ov". Kudos to that man!

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
The Marsh-Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week)
They took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost.
And the Winner is: Manee for this, I think we were most of us hoping it, he had the courage to go for a big prediction, and this time he got it right.
:)Tendulkar rules!:) Behind Zaheer, he won the match for India.

pasag

RTDAS
:)Tendulkar rules!:) Behind Zaheer, he won the match for India.
Behind Zaheer and the 147 run opening partnership, imo.

Anways congrats to all the winners, disappointed Francis didn't win the Afridi for his stats post, but Burgey's was just as good anyways.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Congratulations to all the winners :).

BTW i sent my email for milestones to that email listed above, so god damn put them up :@.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Behind Zaheer and the 147 run opening partnership, imo.

Anways congrats to all the winners, disappointed Francis didn't win the Afridi for his stats post, but Burgey's was just as good anyways.
I think I might have emailed Akhil back and said "pick another one :@" if he'd tried to pick that one first TBH. :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
congrats to all winners.... esp. Burgey. :)

And thanks for putting up that email id, Rich... Expect some nominations from me henceforth.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
hb, something that's been bugging me for a while now. None of the links in your sig work.
Haha, have never checked TBH. :p

Always wondered why hbh has such large gaps resulting in such a large sig tho. :huh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha, have never checked TBH. :p

Always wondered why hbh has such large gaps resulting in such a large sig tho. :huh:
will change it now... :) Even I haven't noticed it. The last time I changed my sig must have been waaaaaaay back. Sorry abt that.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Wow - Bradman by popular demand. I hereby resign from CW as I will never top this moment in my online life! :D

Thanks team! :)

And well done to the other winners...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wow - Bradman by popular demand. I hereby resign from CW as I will never top this moment in my online life! :D
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I fell in the sarchasm)

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week)
Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria.
And the Winner is: Matt79, by popular demand. :cool:
HB and I are more influential than I thought. ;)

I hereby annoint myself Kingmaker.