• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 30 Jul - 5 Aug

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thank you for my award, I feel truly humbled. And now that one of my other forums hs been shut down, and the other taken over by gloating Indians, I shall be posting here more often. I expect to get from 501 to 1000 in rather less time than it took me to reach 500.
:thumbup1:
Under-19 vice-captain eh? It's been a long time since I was an under-19 anything. :dry:
At 22 (almost - will be in 1 month's time :() I feel your pain. :down:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Out of interest, when is my sig which was made in the India-Bangladesh series going to get the best prediction award? :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You needed to have posted it, TBH. Sigs don't count as they're not dated.

And probably not for another 5 years or so. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd like to introduce another Award, the Jeff Thomson Award for "whooooooooosh", but it won't be possible unless someone volunteers to judge it. We also need someone to judge the Skull, which is one of the most popular Awards and badly requires a new judge ASAP.
Come on, guys, someone must surely want to pick these Awards? :(

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm away this weekend (just leaving now) so I would appreciate if someone could pick a 'FIAB' for me, or at least e-mail me with a suggestion or two so that I can quickly get back to Richard on my return.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Had heard from Blake and Sean at the time of this post... c'mon guys, I am hoping for the most part to be posting Awards threads around about the time of this post (work it out from there and calculate the sorts of times you'd need to be sending yours in to fit this).

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm away this weekend (just leaving now) so I would appreciate if someone could pick a 'FIAB' for me, or at least e-mail me with a suggestion or two so that I can quickly get back to Richard on my return.
Had heard from Blake and Sean at the time of this post... c'mon guys, I am hoping for the most part to be posting Awards threads around about the time of this post (work it out from there and calculate the sorts of times you'd need to be sending yours in to fit this).
As per my post above, I haven't had time to read enough posts to pick a winner this week. I haven't seen any suggestions from anyone else either for the FIAB, so I'll have to reluctantly say 'no winner' this week.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As per my post above, I haven't had time to read enough posts to pick a winner this week. I haven't seen any suggestions from anyone else either for the FIAB, so I'll have to reluctantly say 'no winner' this week.
That's fine mate, I was keeping my eye open but I can't remember anything much so a no-Award it is.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Still waiting on Master Cribb of those not previously stated BTW... :unsure:

(Strongly resisted putting an "AGAIN!!!!!!!!" in there TBH :p)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bump. I know you're online Richard, and I know you have all the submissions now (unless mine failed to send for a second time), so how about getting the thread up? :p

(And yes, I'm aware of the high levels of hypocrisy involved in me giving someone the hurry up, but meh. :p)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
HDS has turned the role down and I honestly haven't seen DB ever post in an Awards thread so I presume he doesn't take an interest in them. If, on the other hand, you are reading this DB and have an answer, be it yay or nay, make thyself known.
Bump. I know you're online Richard, and I know you have all the submissions now (unless mine failed to send for a second time), so how about getting the thread up? :p

(And yes, I'm aware of the high levels of hypocrisy involved in me giving someone the hurry up, but meh. :p)
I must do so TBH, but I don't trust myself right now, have had too much of the :beer: so will leave it to tomorrow.