• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WI 15 Announced

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Here's the suad:

Carl Hooper (captain)
Ridley Jacobs (vice captain)
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Pedro Collins
Corey Collymore
Mervyn Dillon
Vasbert Drakes
Chris Gayle
Wavell Hinds
Brian Lara
Jermaine Lawson
Nixon McLean
Ricardo Powell
Marlon Samuels
Ramnaresh Sarwan

I would have liked Hinds to be vice-captain and would have preferred McGarell to McLean but I guess McLean does have experience in SA conditions so...

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
Abit suprised to see McLean there ahead of a spinner. Atleast Nags can bat, so he wouldn't have been too bad.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No spinner... guess it'll be Gayle, Chanders and Hooper if required.

Liam - would it really be a good idea to thrust the captaincy upon Hinds? Surely it would be better to let him concentrate on batting, and let Hooper or Jacobs do it, as they're proven international captains.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Sorry...I meant Hinds as VICE-captain. :D

I mistyped...my bad. Of course Hinds shouldn't be captain, especially not at the WC.

Orin

School Boy/Girl Captain
Its a shocker they did not pick McGarrel.
The guy should have made the team infront of Mclean.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
McLean has extensive experience of South Africa, that would have been the crucial factor there I reckon.

Orin

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
McLean has extensive experience of South Africa, that would have been the crucial factor there I reckon.
Never looked at it that way.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
As has Drakes who's in the party.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Furthermore, McLean has preformed quite creadibly recently....

One person who had been given the 'harsh end of the stick' ( correct idiom???) is Reon King who is IMO a better bowler than McLean & Pedro Collins.

Orin

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah I made that suggestion and when I interviewed him he was really hyped up.He has the better bowling average that any other current bowler in the West Indies Line up.

Mr Mxyzptlk

King isn't bowling well at the moment. He was injured in England and his action is all wacked since. He's just not bowling well so he shouldn't be in the team. As such, he isn't.

However, IMO he is a fine bowler and I would go as far as to say that he is one of the best in the world if he can regain his pre-2nd-Test-in-England form.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ironic how McLean's recall has happened after a great debate on here as to whether he was any good as a county overseas player!

West Indies are now gaining the benefit of 2 of their players dropping out of the local domestic scene it appears.